A Friends Inquiry
(12-10-2018, 12:28 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: MaterMusicae, I will dismiss your snarky and unnecessary dissection of my input on this matter as a side effect of the beans you must have had for dinner.

You shouldn't.

First, I had a salad.

Secondly, you gave objectively bad and wrong advice, coming from the standpoint of someone who has little if any real knowledge of the theological dimensions of the matters involved, then had the gall to suggest that no one here has the standing to offer any better advice. That demands for the good of souls here for you to be called out.

(12-10-2018, 12:28 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: You, me, and everyone gives advice on here since this is indeed a discussion forum.

And we're morally responsible for that advice. If it's objectively bad, there is a duty in Justice and Charity for others to correct it.

There's also a serious question as to whether any of us should be giving said advice on such a forum. Why do people ask here instead of asking a priest? You know, someone who could actually help?

While neither you nor I have the grace of state here and responsibility for souls, like the pastor of said souls would have, we're not all equal. I always hate to do it, because I don't want to seem like I'm setting myself up as the resident expert here, as I've told Vox a number of time, is not my place, but will mention that I've studied moral theology and De Angelis in the seminary. That does not make me an expert, nor does it make me responsible for the souls here, but it certainly means the advice given by such a one is not on the same level as that of others.

I claim no expertise here, but I can certainly claim a greater knowledge of the subject matter. I'm not the pastor of said souls, but as a Catholic man having been given the grace and benefit of that past training, I have a moral duty to correct errors.

(12-10-2018, 12:28 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Unless somebody's advice is literally going to send somebody to hell, let's not publicly eviscerate them.

You were not publicly eviscerated by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, if you read what I wrote objectively you'll find it had nothing to do with you, was not a personal attack in any real definition of that. If you take it personally, then that if your choice. I was not meant as such, and does not objectively read as such.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Some Guy
MaterMusicae, you had a salad? Well, that explains a lot. Get some damn protein. 

I've studied moral theology and De Angelis in the seminary. That does not make me an expert, nor does it make me responsible for the souls here, but it certainly means the advice given by such a one is not on the same level as that of others. I claim no expertise here, but I can certainly claim a greater knowledge of the subject matter. I'm not the pastor of said souls, but as a Catholic man having been given the grace and benefit of that past training, I have a moral duty to correct errors.

I have always appreciated your advice and input, but I caution you to be aware of pride in your spiritual knowledge. You claim to be no expert and then go on to act just like one. 

Also, I don't know why I always thought you were a woman, but now that I know you are male your approach and attitude on this forum make much more sense.

No hard feelings. Peace, brother.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
(12-10-2018, 05:47 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Get some damn protein.

I'm no prude, but I think we could probably have a bit more decent language unless there be some real benefit of words that really ought not be used.

(12-10-2018, 05:47 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I have always appreciated your advice and input, but I caution you to be aware of pride in your spiritual knowledge.

... says the person offering free advice based on what seems, from other questions and concerns on this forum, as coming from somewhat limited practical experience in a stable ascetical program of life.

(12-10-2018, 05:47 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Also, I don't know why I always thought you were a woman, but now that I know you are male your approach and attitude on this forum make much more sense.

What is that supposed to mean?