Men's facial hair
QuisUtDeus Wrote:
VoxClamantis Wrote:A lot of women have to shave their legs every day.

TMI

TMI about this topic in the "About Women" forum? Ahem. Is there something "gross" about leg-shaving that isn't gross about men shaving their beards?

Besides which, why should men have all the "fun" kvetching about how they have to shave about 30 sq. inches of easily visible and accessible flesh every day? Another bonus: it's also good to dispel the idea that women are lil bits of dandelion fluff.
VoxClamantis Wrote:
QuisUtDeus Wrote:
VoxClamantis Wrote:A lot of women have to shave their legs every day.

TMI

TMI about this topic in the "About Women" forum? Ahem. Is there something "gross" about leg-shaving that isn't gross about men shaving their beards?

No, but there are lots of things about women that are TMI for men.  That's why God invented ob/gyn's, beauty parlors, and Oprah.  He knows men are weak and can't deal with those things.

BTW, the topic is "Men's facial hair" in the "about women" forum, so I didn't expect women's leg shaving. [Image: laff.gif]

Quote: Another bonus: it's also good to dispel the idea that women are lil bits of dandelion fluff.

Please don't dispel my illusions.  Seeing Lily Tomlin ranting in the 70's with unshaved armpits has done enough damage to me already.
Quote: That's why God invented ob/gyn's, beauty parlors, and Oprah.  He knows men are weak and can't deal with those things.

:lol:

I have known my fair share of OB/GYNs and only one was female.

My favorite hair stylists are men.

I can't stand Oprah.

I shave my legs everyday.

Quote:Please don't dispel my illusions.

Awwww. Sorry about that. [Image: awww.gif] I am sure you will be fine. :laughing:

S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
Its not that I don't konw how to shave, but that it seems to be something unimportant.  I guess I just prefer to defy pop culture.
I understand that, but I'd hardly call shaving "pop culture," being as it's been popular since at least Roman times. It's hardly "faddish."

Furthermore, hehe, I guess it's alright if you want to become a monk, but in this case, I think if we men ever want to get anywhere in life, it'd be best to obey the ladies on this one ;)

The beard ain't pop culture, the only people I've seen with full beards were regarded as strange by people around them.
Yeah, full beards are pretty "out of style" right now, unless you are from a previous generation. If a man has any facial hair, it seems to mainly be goatees these days. If you object to shaving, Campy, look for women who actually like the beards and such. A few posters here said that they really liked the rough and stubbly on men. It may lower your chances, but they are out there! ;)
Speaking of a previous generation, my mom LOVES my dad's full beard. She says it makes him look like Sean Connery to her. :lol: It's all in the times, I guess.
My husband admits he hates shaving because he is lazy. I can tolerate kissing him for a day or two after he's shaved, but not much after that. It IS like kissing a toilet brush- LOLOL - and at a certain point, it actually HURTS.

My husband would joke, btw, that he's only shaved 11 times.

(I'll wait and see if anyone actually gets that....)
maryskey Wrote:

My husband would joke, btw, that he's only shaved 11 times.

(I'll wait and see if anyone actually gets that....)

HAHA!
LOL I GOT IT!