Men's facial hair
On the topic of men's facial hair.

Depends on the man. Some guys look nice with beards. Some don't.

I like neatly trimmed short beards. I do not like mustaches (generally). I do not like goatees. I do not like really long or really bushy beards.

My husband has a beard and I categorically refuse to let him shave. And I don't think that kissing him is like kissing a toilet bowl brush in the least. It isn't scratchy. It doesn't poke or prickle. In fact it kind of tickles. It looks very manly and handsome.

So ... I'm a woman who likes beards. Good thing we all like different things or there'd be one man in the world who was very popular and the rest of the men would be bored to tears. :D

Edited to add ...

It is a bit prickly and scratchy for the first couple of weeks while he's growing it out to beard length.  But after that it's quite soft.
AgnusDei1989 Wrote:On the beard thing... I have never kissed anyone, on the lips, but my dad has a long beard and I never mind kissing him. I love the slightly scratchy feeling.

AgnusDei1989

I was afraid of feeling like I was kissing my dad when DH first decided to try facial hair; the thought was extremely off-putting. But it turned out to not remind me of it at all. :)

nicollette Wrote:
AgnusDei1989 Wrote:On the beard thing... I have never kissed anyone, on the lips, but my dad has a long beard and I never mind kissing him. I love the slightly scratchy feeling.

AgnusDei1989

I was afraid of feeling like I was kissing my dad when DH first decided to try facial hair; the thought was extremely off-putting. But it turned out to not remind me of it at all. :)

It's funny that you mention this.  When my dh first started growing his beard I wondered about the same thing, since my dad has had a full beard for about 31 or 32 years of my 38 year long life.  But amazingly enough ... kissing my husband (with or without a beard) doesn't remind me in the least of my father.
My husband has a smallish beard and I can't imagine him without it.

I sorta feel as though a man has to "earn" his facial hair. Really young guys with facial hair look silly to me.

For those who have trouble shaving, I highly recommend Daisy brand razors. Nothing fancy -- no weirdly shaped, wiggly heads -- just two blades and a high-quality moisture strip. They work better than the overrated Moc III.
It's like kissing a terrier.  Blech.
Quote: I sorta feel as though a man has to "earn" his facial hair. Really young guys with facial hair look silly to me.
Hear, hear! That's exactlywhat I think.
My father shaves his beard every time one of us is born, too! And he's always prickly for a week or so afterwards, but not when he has a beard beard.
How many of you are there?
Ten.

My husbands facial hair is simply awful!!!He looks very attractive with that two day shadow "rough n' rugged" thing going, but that is all...he looks good. My face is so torn up afterward that we actually get looks from people. I have really soft skin though, so that could be the problem...but I doubt it.