Leaning on His Heart
Leaning on His Heart
DECEMBER 27, 2018/OUR FRANCISCAN FIAT 
This morning was interesting, to say the least…
After filling in briefly for a co-worker who wasn’t able to make it in, I trudged through the snow, myself, on foot.  (My winter boots were better at deep snow travel than some car tires.)  I walked in tire tracks of larger vehicles that had braved the snowy side roads ahead of me, and made my way to St. Michael’s Church for Mass....
[-] The following 6 users Like osfhank's post:
  • Catherine, JacafamalaRedux, Jeeter, SeeTheLight, tucherb, Zedta
Thank you, Sister! That was beautiful. I too want to lean on His Heart. Sacred Heart of Jesus, King and Centre of all hearts, have mercy upon us.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • osfhank
“Who is this that cometh up from the desert, flowing with delights, leaning upon her beloved?....”  (Cantic. 8:5)
(01-09-2019, 04:39 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: “Who is this that cometh up from the desert, flowing with delights, leaning upon her beloved?....”  (Cantic. 8:5)

Huh???
(01-12-2019, 01:02 PM)osfhank Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 04:39 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: “Who is this that cometh up from the desert, flowing with delights, leaning upon her beloved?....”  (Cantic. 8:5)

Huh???

It is the Church who comes up from the desert, leaning on the beloved who is Christ.
"Be Still..."
What a wonderful invitation!  To be still, yes, to acknowledge Him, and Him only as God!  To be still in His presence: to be calm, quiet, peaceful, hushed, motionless and rest in mind ...Read More
[-] The following 2 users Like osfhank's post:
  • Jeeter, SeeTheLight
https://ourfranciscanfiat.wordpress.com/...n-poverty/
Each month, as we have our day of recollection, I try to devote a few moments to “considering how I live poverty,” as our directives suggest we do....
[-] The following 1 user Likes osfhank's post:
  • SeeTheLight
“Fast for Those Who Persecute You”
MARCH 3, 2019 3 COMMENTS 
This afternoon, upon arriving at the reception desk for my shift, I took care of a few things, and picked up a book I’d found in our chapel library on The Faith of the Early Fathers.
I opened, and to my delight, found that it included The Didache, a very early teaching document with which I had become acquainted years before.  I thought it would be “fun” (pardon the flippant expression) and also edifying to read something from so early in our faith, so “close to the sources,” ...