Open Letter To Pope Francis, ET AL
I apologize to those that were uncomfortable opening an unknown attachment.  I'm new to the site and still not completely sure how to navigate it.  I never considered a "cut and paste" of the original document to post it to this site.  I now have and here it is.  To those that have already read it, thank you for taking the time.  I hope that you will comment either in this forum or directly to your respective Dioceses' with your comments.

His Holiness, Pope Francis, Et Al
Apostolic Palace
00120 Vatican City

His Holiness, Pope Francis:

I can recall my Religious training, as far back as I can remember, to constantly strive for the fundamental truth about God, our fellow man and ourselves.  I addressed this letter to you and others for the purpose of reaching out, not only to you, but to the Hierarchy of the Church in total for all Catholics that may care to see.  Beyond that, to those of other Faiths that may also care to see.

To some it will seem confrontational.  Justifiably so.  To some it will seem inconsequential, again, justifiably so, since it will only be of consequence to those that may care.  Of course, that is an individual decision that each must make in their own time.  It is, after all, that which we choose to pass down to our children that defines us and gives testament to God.

The Church, through its teachings, encourages us to seek these truths throughout our lives through the wisdom and teachings of Our Lord, Jesus Christ.  I have to admit, I am puzzled as to how to accomplish that particular goal.  You are thought to be, by virtue of your position and stature, the Vicar of Christ.  The purportedly infallible emissary upon this Earth that bears the responsibility of keeping the memory of Christ pure and meaningful.  I believe that this also holds true for your subordinates.  The ones that form the inevitable resource of becoming your successor and carrying on the mission that Peter began all those centuries ago.  I am also reasonably certain that at times you question yourself in the intent of these endeavors.  No surprise there!  We, as was Christ, are merely mortals that have chosen to define our being through a belief in an unseen, very elusive entity.  He gave evidence of this in what we know as the Passion in the Garden.  We accomplish this as students of Christ as brothers and sisters in Christ.  At least that is my understanding of how we are taught to believe as Catholics.  In other Faiths, each has his or her own way of following that unseen, very elusive entity.  We are the most important of His brethren.  Not you, not I, not those that have stature or lack stature among our species, but our collective souls, the beings that acknowledge the elusiveness of life’s truths. The ones that are able to resolve the differences that set us apart safely through a deep and abiding concern for each other.

Now, you may see this as an attempt to be preaching to the choir.  If only it were that simple.  In a relatively imperfect analogy, the choir has gone somewhat astray over the past few millennium.   From this point forward, when I refer to you, I am referring to that which you represent; The Church, either in service to, or in spite of Jesus Christ and the One that sent Him, God Most High.

You teach a standard of unwavering faith.  You teach a standard of following Christ in all things (endowment as well as adversity). You teach a standard of pursuing Christ, even through the narrow gate no matter what the cost.   You teach the value of truth.  You teach the value of perseverance.  You teach so many things yet you do not appear to be committed to those things as evidenced by your actions. You choose a veil of secrecy, perhaps even hypocrisy and you utilize deceit by omission as you encumber the truth even at great cost to those that may revere you and certainly those that expect better of you.  I readily concede that you have an enormous burden upon your shoulders.  Dealing with the debts that are not your own, but inherited through a chain of misfortune created by others.  I do not envy you that, but it does not give you license to shun your responsibility to bring the truth to light.

His Holiness, Pope Francis Et Al page two

I have given you ample opportunity over these past years to bear witness to the truth and at each one of those opportunities you have chosen to avoid taking a position. I mentioned earlier that I was puzzled about how to accomplish a certain goal.  Actually, it isn’t all that puzzling.  It simply requires that you be honest.

I expressed a belief to you some time ago.  We both know that you are aware of those issues unless assorted members of your inner circle that I have spoken to personally have completely lied over the years.  I also explained that I could not be sure about the veracity of that belief without input from you.  Since this journey of faith began during the tenure of Pope Paul VI, and has carried through each of his successors.  I have provided you with the basis for my belief while allowing you to track my progress.  It’s really not such an unreasonable request that you now bear witness to the  accuracy or lack of same concerning that belief.

What I am asking of you now, through this public forum, is that you provide an honest assessment of the work that I have done. The matters of Faith aside, the main product of the work is mathematically provable or refutable so it really isn’t reliant on just Faith nor can it be considered supposition if proven.    

Through all things, I have learned that many things are possible through Faith.  I have come to terms with the eventuality that my belief in these matters may be refuted.   To that possibility, I point out that I have a right to be wrong.  I am a human being.  You teach that the truth will set us free.  You teach that whatever we may ask in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ, shall be given us through our Faith.  So, yet another question; how do we learn the truth when those entrusted to help us find it refuse to do so?

You have encouraged Catholics to shake up their Dioceses.  Shouldn’t you be the one willing to take the first step to that end?  How are we to begin to grasp the intricacies of Faith without the direct support of those that are purportedly the most faithful?

Speaking as a Catholic, as a person of Faith, as a Student of Christ, what message will you send to all Catholics about the reward for perseverance and the Churches responsibility to recognize and adhere to the teachings of Jesus Christ in matters of Faith?

I hope that those that read this open letter and may care will express their concerns to their respective Dioceses and question the Churches responsibility to the faithful.  It is my further hope that those concerns will finally prompt you to bear witness.  We, not you, not I, but the collective of souls; the consortium of likeminded individuals that have the inherent ability to change, must compel change not only through our Faith, but through our words and our deeds as well.

As a prelude to publishing this letter in an open forum, I have sought the advice of others from within the Catholic faith in order to understand if there was a willingness to assist me in resolving these issues.  A concern that was expressed is that this letter fails to specify what I am asking of you.  In response, I informed them that based upon past correspondence you were already aware of the matters that need to be addressed.  I also pointed out that in matters of Faith each of us expects a degree of privacy and this letter has one function and only one function.  That function is to ascertain if the hierarchy of the Catholic Church has the right to teach a standard to the faithful about truth and its importance without having an absolute regard for the truth.

In the past, your predecessor directed an answer through the Office of the Secretariat of State within the Vatican that enabled me to resolve certain issues.    Should you elect to do so, answering in this fashion is completely acceptable.

Faithfully Yours in Christ,

Gary La Carrubba

Attached Files
.pdf   Open Letter - Pope Francis 11-21-2018.pdf (Size: 138.35 KB / Downloads: 6)
New member and first-time poster wants us to download a file?

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Any way of confirming that this isn't spam and/or a virus-containing file?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
I threw myself on the grenade for the rest of the Tank. It is, indeed, a file of an open letter to Francis.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • jack89
(01-10-2019, 12:22 AM)Gary La Carrubba Wrote: Please read the attachment - comments and thoughts of others would be appreciated

I think you left out some specifics in purpose which leaves me unsure of ALL of the particulars of your point.  I suppose that is as intended.

This rubbed me wrong:
"We, as was Christ, are merely mortals that have chosen to define our being through a belief in an unseen, very elusive entity."

That is all I got.
Charity, TOm
Read the rules!

I'd point out that the forum rules certainly take a negative view of posting files, rather than text to discuss.

Perhaps the OP would be so kind as to actually post the text itself so we can comment on it. 

If not, perhaps then it's not worth the discussion, or if you think it is Jovan, you could post it on his behalf.
(01-10-2019, 03:39 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I threw myself on the grenade for the rest of the Tank. It is, indeed, a file of an open letter to Francis.

Our Hero!  Cheerleader
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in array? 
Canticle Of Canticles 6:9
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • jovan66102
(01-10-2019, 11:56 AM)Bonaventure Wrote: New member and first-time poster wants us to download a file?

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Any way of confirming that this isn't spam and/or a virus-containing file?

+As you pointed out - I am a new user.  Wondering if you can walk me through how to upload the document as text.  Did you receive the email containing the text?  I did a straight cut and paste - hope it worked.
(01-10-2019, 04:07 PM)tomnossor Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 12:22 AM)Gary La Carrubba Wrote: Please read the attachment - comments and thoughts of others would be appreciated

I think you left out some specifics in purpose which leaves me unsure of ALL of the particulars of your point.  I suppose that is as intended.

This rubbed me wrong:
"We, as was Christ, are merely mortals that have chosen to define our being through a belief in an unseen, very elusive entity."

That is all I got.
Charity, TOm

As I explained in the letter - this is the culmination of a very protracted pursuit and yes much was left out but the main function of the letter is to focus on the truth and the Churches responsibility toward being honest.  In so far as being merely mortal - there was no intent to diminish Jesus in that statement.  Rather, just pointing out that the One that he and the One that we, of this common belief serve, can be elusive in His expectations of us.  Four and a half decades walking on this spiritual path, keeping the leader (s) of our Faith aware of the progress through a fairly reasonable record of the progress over those years, now to be shunned by the only one that can truly provide an accurate assessment of the work -  let's just say that it doesn't really seem to be within the scope of the messages that Christ appears to have left behind for us.  I might be wrong, but doesn't the Church and its hierarchy have a responsibility to its faithful?
(01-10-2019, 04:59 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Read the rules!

I'd point out that the forum rules certainly take a negative view of posting files, rather than text to discuss.

Perhaps the OP would be so kind as to actually post the text itself so we can comment on it. 

If not, perhaps then it's not worth the discussion, or if you think it is Jovan, you could post it on his behalf.

I'm going to try a straight cut and paste here - hope it works

His Holiness, Pope Francis, Et Al
Apostolic Palace
00120 Vatican City

November 21, 2018

His Holiness, Pope Francis:
I can recall my Religious training, as far back as I can remember, to constantly strive for the fundamental truth about God, our fellow man and ourselves.  I addressed this letter to you and others for the purpose of reaching out, not only to you, but to the Hierarchy of the Church in total for all Catholics that may care to see.  Beyond that to those of other Faiths that may also care to see.
To some it will seem confrontational.  Justifiably so.  To some it will seem inconsequential, again, justifiably so, since it will only be of consequence to those that may care.  Of course, that is an individual decision that each must make in their own time.  It is, after all, that which we choose to pass down to our children that defines us and gives testament to God.
The Church, through its teachings, encourages us to seek these truths throughout our lives through the wisdom and teachings of Our Lord, Jesus Christ.  I have to admit, I am puzzled as to how to accomplish that particular goal.  You are thought to be, by virtue of your position and stature, the Vicar of Christ.  The purportedly infallible emissary upon this Earth that bears the responsibility of keeping the memory of Christ pure and meaningful.  I believe that this also holds true for your subordinates.  The ones that form the inevitable resource of becoming your successor and carrying on the mission that Peter began all those centuries ago.  I am also reasonably certain that at times you question yourself in the intent of these endeavors.  No surprise there!  We, as was Christ, are merely mortals that have chosen to define our being through a belief in an unseen, very elusive entity.  He gave evidence of this in what we know as the Passion in the Garden.  We accomplish this as students of Christ as brothers and sisters in Christ.  At least that is my understanding of how we are taught to believe as Catholics.  In other Faiths, each has his or her own way of following that unseen, very elusive entity.  We are the most important of His brethren.  Not you, not I, not those that have stature or lack stature among our species, but our collective souls, the beings that acknowledge the elusiveness of life’s truths. The ones that are able to resolve the differences that set us apart safely through a deep and abiding concern for each other.
Now, you may see this as an attempt to be preaching to the choir.  If only it were that simple.  In a relatively imperfect analogy, the choir has gone somewhat astray over the past few millennium.   From this point forward, when I refer to you, I am referring to that which you represent; The Church, either in service to, or in spite of Jesus Christ and the One that sent Him, God Most High.
You teach a standard of unwavering faith.  You teach a standard of following Christ in all things (endowment as well as adversity). You teach a standard of pursuing Christ, even through the narrow gate no matter what the cost.   You teach the value of truth.  You teach the value of perseverance.  You teach so many things yet you do not appear to be committed to those things as evidenced by your actions. You choose a veil of secrecy, perhaps even hypocrisy and you utilize deceit by omission as you encumber the truth even at great cost to those that may revere you and certainly those that expect better of you.  I readily concede that you have an enormous burden upon your shoulders.  Dealing with the debts that are not your own, but inherited through a chain of misfortune created by others.  I do not envy you that, but it does not give you license to shun your responsibility to bring the truth to light.

His Holiness, Pope Francis Et Al                                                                                                    page two
I have given you ample opportunity over these past years to bear witness to the truth and at each one of those opportunities you have chosen to avoid taking a position. I mentioned earlier that I was puzzled about how to accomplish a certain goal.  Actually, it isn’t all that puzzling.  It simply requires that you be honest.
I expressed a belief to you some time ago.  We both know that you are aware of those issues unless assorted members of your inner circle that I have spoken to personally have completely lied over the years.  I also explained that I could not be sure about the veracity of that belief without input from you.  Since this journey of faith began during the tenure of Pope Paul VI, and has carried through each of his successors.  I have provided you with the basis for my belief while allowing you to track my progress.  It’s really not such an unreasonable request that you now bear witness to the  accuracy or lack of same concerning that belief.
What I am asking of you now, through this public forum, is that you provide an honest assessment of the work that I have done. The matters of Faith aside, the main product of the work is mathematically provable or refutable so it really isn’t reliant on just Faith nor can it be considered supposition if proven.    
Through all things, I have learned that many things are possible through Faith.  I have come to terms with the eventuality that my belief in these matters may be refuted.   To that possibility, I point out that I have a right to be wrong.  I am a human being.  You teach that the truth will set us free.  You teach that whatever we may ask in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ, shall be given us through our Faith.  So, yet another question; how do we learn the truth when those entrusted to help us find it refuse to do so?
You have encouraged Catholics to shake up their Dioceses.  Shouldn’t you be the one willing to take the first step to that end?  How are we to begin to grasp the intricacies of Faith without the direct support of those that are purportedly the most faithful?
Speaking as a Catholic, as a person of Faith, as a Student of Christ, what message will you send to all Catholics about the reward for perseverance and the Churches responsibility to recognize and adhere to the teachings of Jesus Christ in matters of Faith?
I hope that those that read this open letter and may care will express their concerns to their respective Dioceses and question the Churches responsibility to the faithful.  It is my further hope that those concerns will finally prompt you to bear witness.  We, not you, not I, but the collective of souls; the consortium of likeminded individuals that have the inherent ability to change, must compel change not only through our Faith, but through our words and our deeds as well.
As a prelude to publishing this letter in an open forum, I have sought the advice of others from within the Catholic faith in order to understand if there was a willingness to assist me in resolving these issues.  A concern that was expressed is that this letter fails to specify what I am asking of you.  In response, I informed them that based upon past correspondence you were already aware of the matters that need to be addressed.  I also pointed out that in matters of Faith each of us expects a degree of privacy and this letter has one function and only one function.  That function is to ascertain if the hierarchy of the Catholic Church has the right to teach a standard to the faithful about truth and its importance without having an absolute regard for the truth.
In the past, your predecessor directed an answer through the Office of the Secretariat of State within the Vatican that enabled me to resolve certain issues.    Should you elect to do so, answering in this fashion is completely acceptable.

Faithfully Yours in Christ,

Gary La Carrubba