Some Very Old and Noteworthy Photos and Comentary to Peruse
An "oops" on my part: About the Photos

Our holdings include hundreds of glass and film negatives/transparencies that we've scanned ourselves; in addition, many other photos on this site were extracted from reference images (high-resolution tiffs) in the Library of Congress research archive. (To query the database click here.) They are adjusted, restored and reworked by your webmaster in accordance with his aesthetic sensibilities before being downsized and turned into the jpegs you see here. All of these images (including "derivative works") are protected by copyright laws of the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be sold, reproduced or otherwise used for commercial purposes without permission.

About the name: Shorpy.com | History in HD is a vintage photo archive featuring thousands of high-definition images from the 1850s to 1960s. (Available as fine-art prints from the Shorpy Archive.) The site is named after Shorpy Higginbotham, a teenage coal miner who lived 100 years ago.

Even the other formats are pretty good. An example, a Kodachrome from November 1940:
[Image: SHORPY-1a33860u.preview.jpg]
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 2 users Like dahveed's post:
  • jovan66102, Zedta
Ah yes...good ol' Kodachrome 64. Used a lot of that and the Ektachrome 100 for slides. Used a bunch of Tri-X and Pan-X for Black and White photography when I would process it myself at the base hobby shop when I was in the USAF. Tri-x was fast, but a tad grainy. The Pan-X variety was much better in resolution, albeit a slower film.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain