Persecution of the St Benedict Center
https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.p...e-catholic

I don't even know what to say... sad
I don't know what to think.  On the one hand, my understanding is that the Saint Benedict Center continues to espouse Feeneyism (who was reconciled to the Church prior to his death, btw), specifically the condemnation of the baptisms of blood and desire, which was condemned 20 years or so prior to Vatican II.  So that doesn't really smack of modernism, and sounds as though the SBC is breaking with Catholic teaching.  On the flip side, endorsing Fr. Martin, who's been accused of contradicting the Church's teachings, is just asinine. 

This line from the article caught my eye though:

Quote:"Today it’s the St. Benedict Center under the gun; tomorrow it’ll be The Remnant, the FSSP and pretty much anyone else who believes Christ founded only one true Church as the sole means of salvation, which is the Catholic Church.

The first thing that popped into mind was the SBC, SSPX, and St. Michael's center (the Singing Nuns) are listed as hate groups by the SPLC (which is an asinine joke itself).  The SPLC then partners with Amazon Smile, who uses their "hate group" list to remove groups they have ideological disagreements with from the list, cutting off a funding source. By the SPLCs logic, SSPX = bad, FSSP = good, at least for now. My understanding is there isn't any difference between the teachings and worship of the two groups. Scary, when one thinks about it.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
My understanding is that they do in fact accept Church teaching:

https://catholicism.org/letter-explainin...tance.html
(01-14-2019, 08:10 AM)Some Guy Wrote: My understanding is that they do in fact accept Church teaching:

https://catholicism.org/letter-explainin...tance.html

Interesting.  So why aren't they in full communion with Rome?

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Why isn't Fr James Martin a laicized heretic?
[-] The following 2 users Like Some Guy's post:
  • Jeeter, Knight Hospitaller
(01-14-2019, 09:15 AM)Some Guy Wrote: Why isn't Fr James Martin a laicized heretic?

No argument from me there. Wink

The answer is homo-commie infiltration of the Church.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • Some Guy