Are women turning to witchcraft in the era of #MeToo?
A few random thoughts: 

mpk1987 and Augustinian: I saw part of that movie, "The Witch" I found it so vulgar and disturbing I couldn't see the whole thing to the end. Disgusting. Ugh; puke my brains out sick. If it was helpful for you, that's a mystery for me but I trust you know how and why that is. And I like a good scary movie. Couldn't take that one, though.

divinesilence: Feminists do hate something more than men: women. They hate themselves. They hate everything women are naturally. Everything a woman is by nature.

Zedta, that's interesting. Here's why; I once decided to clear out the upstairs of the old barn on my parent's property. I wanted to make a clubhouse out of it. I found a witch's bible. As soon as I realized what it was (that it was the real deal), I chucked it out with some other garbage: beer cans, trash, etc. Was that right thing? At the time I felt really good about it; I thought it was right that I did that. That was during a time prior to my true conversion (reversion, as some would say?). Under the surface, I think it was my sensus Catholicus kicking in.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 2 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • mpk1987, Zedta
(06-02-2019, 06:02 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: mpk1987 and Augustinian: I saw part of that movie, "The Witch" I found it so vulgar and disturbing I couldn't see the whole thing to the end. Disgusting. Ugh; puke my brains out sick. If it was helpful for you, that's a mystery for me but I trust you know how and why that is. And I like a good scary movie. Couldn't take that one, though.

Zedta Wrote:I gave up on 'scary' movies long ago. I realized, after dealing with the real thing, how much movies and TV shows, Ghost Hunters and the like included, are truly video vortexes (if you will), but can very well be opportunities to make sinful thoughts, occasions to sin rather than occasions to gain grace. They more often produce the profane than the divine. They stick with you and the most salacious visions are the most vividly recalled.

divinesilence: Feminists do hate something more than men: women. They hate themselves. They hate everything women are naturally. Everything a woman is by nature.

Zedta Wrote:Most spot-on description of the new age 'Feminist' I've read.

Zedta, that's interesting. Here's why; I once decided to clear out the upstairs of the old barn on my parent's property. I wanted to make a clubhouse out of it. I found a witch's bible. As soon as I realized what it was (that it was the real deal), I chucked it out with some other garbage: beer cans, trash, etc. Was that right thing? At the time I felt really good about it; I thought it was right that I did that. That was during a time prior to my true conversion (reversion, as some would say?). Under the surface, I think it was my sensus Catholicus kicking in.

Zedta Wrote:While the technique I posted may be the preferable one, what you did, under the circumstances, is most likely okay too since the book is probably rotting at the middle of some land fill and not in someone's hands.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain
Quote:Zedta Wrote:I gave up on 'scary' movies long ago. I realized, after dealing with the real thing, how much movies and TV shows, Ghost Hunters and the like included, are truly video vortexes (if you will), but can very well be opportunities to make sinful thoughts, occasions to sin rather than occasions to gain grace. They more often produce the profane than the divine. They stick with you and the most salacious visions are the most vividly recalled.

Often--at best--they can be a waste of time. Then again fear can be a good thing if it causes us to amend our lives. So I guess it depends. However I'd agree we don't ordinarily need a lot of these darker images floating in and out of our thoughts.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Zedta
(06-02-2019, 08:20 PM)Zedta Wrote: [quote pid='1398318' dateline='1559512969']
Zedta Wrote:I gave up on 'scary' movies long ago. I realized, after dealing with the real thing, how much movies and TV shows, Ghost Hunters and the like included, are truly video vortexes (if you will), but can very well be opportunities to make sinful thoughts, occasions to sin rather than occasions to gain grace. They more often produce the profane than the divine. They stick with you and the most salacious visions are the most vividly recalled.

[/quote]

You may have discussed this before, but would you be comfortable detailing what you mention hear about dealing with the real thing?

Just curious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BC's post:
  • Zedta
(06-03-2019, 08:05 AM)BC Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 08:20 PM)Zedta Wrote: [quote pid='1398318' dateline='1559512969']

You may have discussed this before, but would you be comfortable detailing what you mention hear about dealing with the real thing?

Just curious.
[/quote]

Lets just say that after 40 years+, working in many ERs in a number of large cities and on Native American Reservations, there were many incidents were what I was seeing as a reported illness, was not 'organic'. One vivid memory was a young teen-aged boy, brought in with four burly, tired looking, men, who were just enough to keep him corralled so I could give him a big shot of Thorazine. Not 'organic' or even psychotic indeed!

BTW: An under the breath recitation of the "St. Michael Prayer" made a big difference as I walked into his room.

There are many other events which led me to study the enemy better, through the study of Demonology and reading of books by Exorcists of the Church. I highly recommend Fr. Malachi Martin's "Hostage to the Devil" as a good primer on the subject.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • BC, JacafamalaRedux
(06-02-2019, 06:02 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: .......

Personally I think this is the feminist hierarchy (yeah, the have one)....

lesbians >>>> straight liberal women > straight moderate non-Christian women > effeminate men >>>>>>>>> gay dudes > straight moderate women > conservative women >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> straight men >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>straight Christian men
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
Quote:mpk1987 and Augustinian: I saw part of that movie, "The Witch" I found it so vulgar and disturbing I couldn't see the whole thing to the end. Disgusting. Ugh; puke my brains out sick. If it was helpful for you, that's a mystery for me but I trust you know how and why that is. And I like a good scary movie. Couldn't take that one, though. 

Honestly I could have gone my whole life without ever seeing it. My husband isn't Catholic and I watched it with him. That being said, I thought it was well done for what it was and a good "warning" type of horror story on a number of levels.