Going Braless...
I've been doing some research on bras and how they can seriously damage a woman's breast tissue.

https://wellnessmama.com/5946/natural-breast-health/

Clothing and Breast Health

Though controversial, several doctors and researchers have pointed to a link between bras (especially underwire bras) and increased risk of breast cysts and cancer. The theory is that regularly wearing  a snug fitting bra at this point of the body can restrict lymph flow and impede the body’s ability to remove toxins from this part of the body. As this article from Michael Schachter, MD explains:
Quote:Over 85 percent of the lymph fluid flowing from the breast drains to the armpit lymph nodes. Most of the rest drains to the nodes along the breast bone. Bras and other external tight clothing can impede flow.
The nature of the bra, the tightness, and the length of time worn, will all influence the degree of blockage of lymphatic drainage. Thus, wearing a bra might contribute to the development of breast cancer as a result of cutting off lymphatic drainage, so that toxic chemicals are trapped in the breast.
A book written on the subject, Dressed to Kill: The Link Between Breast Cancer and Bras, explains that from the authors’ research:
  • Women who wore their bras 24 hours per day had a 3 out of 4 chance of developing breast cancer
  • Women who wore bras more than 12 hour per day, but not to bed, had a 1 out of 7 risk
  • Women who wore their bras less than 12 hours per day had a 1 out of 52 risk
  • Women who wore bras rarely or never had a 1 out of 168 chance of getting breast cancer
Dr. Mercola explains that this effect may be caused by other bra-related factors as well:
Quote:Another group of Japanese researchers discovered that wearing a girdle or bra can lower your levels of melatonin by 60 percent. The hormone melatonin is intimately involved with the regulation of your sleep cycles, and numerous studies have shown that melatonin has anti-cancer activities. (8) It’s also a powerful antioxidant, and can prevent DNA damage and bind to T-helper cells. Furthermore, researchers in Spain published a study detailing the possible use of melatonin in breast cancer prevention and treatment.

I would like very much to stop wearing a bra, but herein lies the problem...I am a 36DDD. I really have no idea how I could not wear a bra without some extreme sagging and bouncing going on. I have thought about possibly taping my breasts but I don't think that would work either. I also ride horses a lot and can't imagine how painful (and embarrassing) it would be to have my breasts bouncing around at a full gallop.

Any ladies here go braless? Especially any well-endowed ladies? How do you do it?

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

No.
I had breast cancer.
It has nothing to do with your bra, your deodorant, or much of anything else.  Numbers don't mean anything out of context.  Some cultures don't have bras.  Some cultures have a lower incidence of cancer.  But those two facts are not automatically tied together.  Genetics, occasionally diet, environmental pollution, certain medications and mostly, just bad luck.
If breast cancer runs in your family, get checkups, early and often.  Do self exams regularly.  If you find something odd (I did), go to the doctor.
You have a few new posts today, so you are worried about something.  Try to figure out what you are worried about, but don't go looking for trouble.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaryTN's post:
  • Faith and Family
(01-22-2019, 09:48 PM)MaryTN Wrote: No.
I had breast cancer.
It has nothing to do with your bra, your deodorant, or much of anything else.  Numbers don't mean anything out of context.  Some cultures don't have bras.  Some cultures have a lower incidence of cancer.  But those two facts are not automatically tied together.  Genetics, occasionally diet, environmental pollution, certain medications and mostly, just bad luck.
If breast cancer runs in your family, get checkups, early and often.  Do self exams regularly.  If you find something odd (I did), go to the doctor.
You have a few new posts today, so you are worried about something.  Try to figure out what you are worried about, but don't go looking for trouble.

Just to add to your list of possible causes of breast cancer and not in any way to infer you had an abortion, there does appear to be a link to increased risk of breast cancer in women who have had abortions, more so than spontaneous miscarriage. Link to supporting article
Additionally; the World Health Organization has been vociferously backpedaling on their earlier report of a direct link, due to huge pressure from pro-abortion groups. Links are erased from search engines and other records, save the one linked above. Go figure.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
My wife has a similar issue with size and finding comfortable support.  About the only thing that works for her is the nursing bras and camis from Jessica Simpson's line.  No wires, and they're comfortable even when not pregnant or nursing.

On a related note, the wires in underwire bras can cause clogged milk ducts in nursing moms, which is rather painful, and something my good half suffered with after our 2d was born.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Hi Sacra Cor, 
Perhaps there's something to be said for higher percentages of women developing breast cancer if they've worn severely restrictive bras, I don't know, but I will admit that otherwise I'm suspicious of the findings in this study. I'm suspicious because virtually every woman wears a bra most of her adult life, and most of us don't come down with cancer. 

If the findings in the study are wrong, then it doesn't sound to me like you'd actually want to go braless, correct? I'd think that'd be uncomfortable especially for a larger sized girl.... It sounds like you feel you have to for health reasons, right? If so, I should think that a good fitting bra is perfectly fine. You might want to consider going to a plus size women's store online and following the instructions on fitting. 

BTW, My m-i-l has breast cancer. To add to what Zedta said, about the abortion link...her doctor asked if my m-i-l had ever been on birth control, because they're finding a large percentage of women who've gone on the pill later in life (for heavy bleeding) end up with breast cancer.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
This probably belongs in the women's forum. I know I certainly don't want to read about breasts, bras, or anything else like it.

But to your point: men also get breast cancer and I sincerely doubt if any of them wear bras. There is evidently not causation here, even if there is correlation.
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo
[-] The following 1 user Likes RyanPatrick's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(01-28-2019, 01:51 PM)RyanPatrick Wrote: This probably belongs in the women's forum. I know I certainly don't want to read about breasts, bras, or anything else like it.

But to your point: men also get breast cancer and I sincerely doubt if any of them wear bras. There is evidently not causation here, even if there is correlation.

This is a pretty scientific discussion, what's the big deal?
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
There are lots of scientific discussions that aren't fit for mixed company, wouldn't you say?
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo
Yeah, if it were up to me, I'd move it. This scientist sounds like a real boob.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 3 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Jeeter, RyanPatrick, St.Eliza