I've invented a new term for Bishops like Cheesehead Dolan,....
 ....'Yellowbellied Cashsuckers'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, MaryTN, MyLady
Couple of Bishops say they'd excommunicate Cuomo (I almost wrote Dolan) https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/two-bi...le-abortio
(01-27-2019, 03:09 PM)Eric F Wrote: Couple of Bishops say they'd excommunicate Cuomo (I almost wrote Dolan) https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/two-bi...le-abortio

That's why I said 'like Dolan'. Unfortunately, he is under the jurisdiction of neither . It either has to be Dolan (his canonical domicile) or Scharfenberger (his canonical quasi-domicile).
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
As we say down here, "ain't nobody gonna' ex-communicate nobody".
That would require a spine.
(01-27-2019, 08:44 PM)MaryTN Wrote: As we say down here, "ain't nobody gonna' ex-communicate nobody".
That would require a spine.

It would require the Bishop in question to not be all buddy-buddy with the Democrat Party, and since the USCCB seems to be a wing of the Democrat Party, that's not likely to happen.  It seems they don't want to upset their patrons in Congress, because the Church does receive quite a bit of government money for some of its programs.

Furthermore, it's likely a Bishop who takes a stand would suffer quite a bit of blowback from his own Diocese, since support for abortion among Catholics isn't much different than it is among non-Catholics.  I guess "go along to get along" is the watchword.