Medjugorje – A possible “time bomb”?
I was always skeptical about the Marian apparitions in Medjugorje – as most of you are, I suppose. But until now, I just decided to ignore them…even if they were not authentic, they didn’t seem to do major harm.But some time ago, I was leafing through the Book “Medjugorje: The Last Apparition” by Wayne Weible. Something I read there startled me. Mary is quoted saying:

“I have come to call the world to conversion for the last time.
Afterwards, I will not come in apparition any more on this earth”

Weible comments on it:
“..the Blessed Virgin Mary has made it clear through her early messages, that her appearance at Medjugorje will be the last time she will be sent to earth in apparition. There will never be another from the Mother of God on earth. She quickly adds, it will no longer be necessary.”

Ok, wait a moment. That’s a big deal. If Medjugorje is a fake…and it seams to be a fake… then this statement is very dangerous. What happens, if the Medjugorje apparitions stop in 2020 or 2030 and the real Mary will appear again in fifty or hundred years (and there is no reason to doubt that she will)?
There will be no middle ground: either you disbelieve in Medjugorje and believe in all other future approved apparitions, or you believe in Medjugorje and disbelieve in all future approved apparitions.

There will be three types of Catholics then:
1. Those who disregard all kinds of Marian apparitions (already the vast majority in Europe)
2. Those who believed in all approved Marian apparitions plus Medjugorje (now the majority of traditional Catholics in Europe): this group will disbelieve any authentic Marian apparitions after 2030.
3. A remnant of people who only disbelieve Medjugorje and believe in future approved Marian apparitions.

Or did I misinterpret the situation?
"Cor Jesu Rex Et Centrum Omnium Cordium, miserére nobis "

“To pray is to shed blood.” - Silouan the Athonite
I would ignore it. Medjugorge also had this:“No! The Blessed Mother says all religions are dear to her and her Son. She says it is we on earth who have made division.”
This is not Catholic.
[-] The following 2 users Like For Petes Sake's post:
  • karl, RyanPatrick
What For Pete's Sake said. If the 'visions' are from Satan, as I'm convinced they are for a great many reasons, they are not credible. Remember he is the 'Father of Lies'.

And besides, 'The Gospa' also said that her favourite song is 'Peace is Flowing Like A River'. Somehow, I think Our Lady has better taste than that, and I don't think an authentic apparition would discuss Her musical preferences!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(01-27-2019, 04:51 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: What For Pete's Sake said. If the 'visions' are from Satan, as I'm convinced they are for a great many reasons, they are not credible. Remember he is the 'Father of Lies'.

And besides, 'The Gospa' also said that her favourite song is 'Peace is Flowing Like A River'. Somehow, I think Our Lady has better taste than that, and I don't think an authentic apparition would discuss Her musical preferences!

What  No "and he will lift me up on angels wings"?
Medjugorje: Something that very well may have been authentic in the very early stages, but became rapidly corrupted to what it is now; a media circus.

Yes, some miraculous things have happened there, but anywhere, where many faithful are present and in deep holy prayer, miraculous things happen. They happen for all the right reasons. These types of events attract the attention of Jesus and Mary, who answer prayer.

But at Medjugorje, I am sorry, daily 'apparitions' with mealy mouthed rhetorical sayings from 'our lady' that sound way to humanly inspired and a big waste of time listening to, do not fit the importance and vital messages of ANY of the other of the real apparitions.

The seemingly, sudden wealth of the 'visionaries' is also quite a concern. That never happened to any other of Marian Apparition visionaries.

I once though these were plausible apparitions, but I now am of the belief that they started out that way and have reverted to the level of a carnie sideshow.

:comp:
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
(01-27-2019, 01:40 PM)For Petes Sake Wrote: I would ignore it. Medjugorge also had this:“No! The Blessed Mother says all religions are dear to her and her Son. She says it is we on earth who have made division.”
This is not Catholic.

OL Kibeho said something very similar, and that was approved by the local bishop, which disturbs me a lot. A lot!

But regarding the Medg Gospa, as you know two bishops have said "nothing supernatural", move along, nothing to see. Much like Disney World, it'll always have it's tourist--um, I mean pilgrims. If Francis approves it (and who could put that past him?), that would be disastrous.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Disobedience to the local bishop is no way to grow spiritually.
Stay away from the Medjugorje enthusiasts.
Well I'm pretty sure if it hasn't been for Gospa the former Yugoslavia would by now been completely overrun by Muslims (as was the WTOs plan all along, divide, bomb and invade), but instead of their planned invasion there has been 30,000,000 (wikipedia estimate) pilgrims since 1981, and guess what? not only Protestants are coming, but Muslims, too. 

Pray pray pray

Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
The whole thing is a self-evident scam and needs to be shut up and shut out as soon as possible.
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo
[-] The following 1 user Likes RyanPatrick's post:
  • jovan66102