Did Fulton Sheen Prophesy About These Times?
(01-31-2019, 04:49 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: >He advised us to turn to St. Michael in prayer. We once did with the St. Michael prayer after every single Mass until the 1960s. Today, some dioceses are restoring the practice. Would they all did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After he forewarned Stalin on television in 1953 that he would someday meet his maker then a week later he died--  I wonder if not a few Communist leaders didn't heed his advise and started praying, again.

Bishop Sheen stated after Stalin died he was deluged with inquiries from journalist for tips thinking he had had inside infomation. 

Can't you just see that impish smile of his when he read those letters?

Yes indeed!

As for the St. Michael Prayer, we say it after every Mass at our parish. Our bishop, Bishop Estevez, once on one of his visits to our parish, remarked to our priest,"Mass is over and everyone is still in Church praying!" Ya, we do that here. I also put a connection to the rise in the evil, especially the pedophilia, et al, as coming about about when this practice of his prayer faded away.

There must be consequences, for sure!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Fulton Sheen Prophesy About These Times? - by Zedta - 01-31-2019, 11:30 AM