White Nationalist accuses Orthodox Youtuber of being a "Duginist"
I think this guy is throwing a lot of ad hominems against Jay Dyer, but he does raise some interesting points such as the issue of Ukraine. Jay says that Ukraine is "just made up out of western powers." Ok. So what is Jay trying to say? He says Ukraine exists as a bulwark against Russia. Perhaps that's true and perhaps not. But is Ukraine an illegitimate nation in Dyer's view? If that is the case, I wonder if it is because Jay is critical of Patriarch Bartholomew and likely is Pro-Moscow Patriarchate.

Interesting how Brandon put "muh" in the title. Jay loves using that word in a mocking sense against Catholic viewpoints (like "muh keys"). He has become increasingly Anti-Catholic lately.

Jay likes to search up his own name on twitter, challenge people to debate him and then block them before they can respond.
(02-06-2019, 04:49 PM)For Petes Sake Wrote: Jay likes to search up his own name on twitter, challenge people to debate him and then block them before they can respond.

He's asked a lot of people to debate him publicly, such as E. Michael Jones, Fr. Chad Ripperger (I think), and Erick Ybarra. I get the feeling he does it partly just to boost his own credibility and to please his audience. He's said that he never loses debates (https://propertarianism.com/2016/04/15/j...al-fringe/). I would think losing a debate should be a good learning experience and help you make better arguments next time.
Man I have no desire to listen to either of these clowns
"If your heart comes to feel a natural hatred for sin, it has defeated the causes of sin and freed itself from them. Keep hell’s torments in mind; but know that your Helper is at hand. Do nothing that will grieve Him, but say to Him with tears: ‘Be merciful and deliver me, O Lord, for without Thy help I cannot escape from the hands of my enemies.’ Be attentive to your heart, and He will guard you from all evil."

- St. Isaias the Solitary

"Constant action overcomes cold; being still overcomes heat. Purity
and stillness give the correct law to all under heaven."

- Tao Te Ching 45
(02-06-2019, 04:56 PM)Echo Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 04:49 PM)For Petes Sake Wrote: Jay likes to search up his own name on twitter, challenge people to debate him and then block them before they can respond.

He's asked a lot of people to debate him publicly, such as E. Michael Jones, Fr. Chad Ripperger (I think), and Erick Ybarra. I get the feeling he does it partly just to boost his own credibility and to please his audience. He's said that he never loses debates (https://propertarianism.com/2016/04/15/j...al-fringe/). I would think losing a debate should be a good learning experience and help you make better arguments next time.

Speaking of E. Michael Jones, Jay asked for a debate about a year ago on a Youtube video and Dr. Jones declined. Jay then went on Twitter and turned Dr. Jones' reply into something that it is not.

Here is the video. Scroll down to the comments section where Jay asks for a debate.

Here are Jay's two tweets on the matter

https://twitter.com/jay_d007/status/9526...97?lang=en

https://twitter.com/jay_d007/status/9529...44?lang=en

Seriously, how does a simple reply of "On what? The filioque clause?" imply that Dr. Jones thinks that what makes Orthodoxy different is a simple clause? Maybe he thinks that and maybe not, but a simple reply like that doesn't give any insight into his thought on the matter.
The important question is: what's wrong with being a Duginist?
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo
He asked me to debate him once. Ixnay on that. I hate debate.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
(02-12-2019, 11:01 AM)RyanPatrick Wrote: The important question is: what's wrong with being a Duginist?

It depends on who you ask. Critics would argue Duginism is a Russian imperialist ideology. From what I've seen online from a Polish magazine called Fronda, Dugin is no friend to Catholicism or Catholic countries. It could be argued then that Duginism is an anti-catholic ideology.

Here are two interviews that delves into Dugin's thinking:

https://translate.google.com/translate?h...rev=search

https://translate.google.com/translate?h...rev=search

[-] The following 1 user Likes Echo's post:
  • jovan66102
(02-13-2019, 12:51 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: He asked me to debate him once. Ixnay on that. I hate debate.

I've only seen Nick Fuentes and Dr. Francis Feingold debate him. Fuentes did terribly from the little I saw. I haven't really watched the debate with Dr. Feingold. Jay has said "everyone declines a debate" with him in the E. Michael Jones video.

Here is a more recent debate he had with a Protestant. Throwing insults at his opponent and then deciding to cut off the debate looks terribly on Jay's part.

(02-13-2019, 03:35 PM)Echo Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 12:51 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: He asked me to debate him once. Ixnay on that. I hate debate.

I've only seen Nick Fuentes and Dr. Francis Feingold debate him. Fuentes did terribly from the little I saw. I haven't really watched the debate with Dr. Feingold. Jay has said "everyone declines a debate" with him in the E. Michael Jones video.

Here is a more recent debate he had with a Protestant. Throwing insults at his opponent and then deciding to cut off the debate looks terribly on Jay's part.

Sadly that's pretty much standard operating procedure for Jay. I cringe whenever I see his videos because any professing Christian who's as arrogant and devoid of humility as he seems to be is an easy mark for the devil. I predict at some point in the future he'll "breakthrough" as they say, and begin to achieve the sort of fame he desires and then it will all come crashing down when some past sin or misdeed is brought to light.
The contemplative is not one who discovers secrets no one knows, but one who is swept into ecstasy by what everyone knows.
-A Carthusian
[-] The following 1 user Likes MeanGene's post:
  • jovan66102