White Nationalist accuses Orthodox Youtuber of being a "Duginist"
(02-13-2019, 06:24 PM)MeanGene Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 03:35 PM)Echo Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 12:51 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: He asked me to debate him once. Ixnay on that. I hate debate.

I've only seen Nick Fuentes and Dr. Francis Feingold debate him. Fuentes did terribly from the little I saw. I haven't really watched the debate with Dr. Feingold. Jay has said "everyone declines a debate" with him in the E. Michael Jones video.

Here is a more recent debate he had with a Protestant. Throwing insults at his opponent and then deciding to cut off the debate looks terribly on Jay's part.

Sadly that's pretty much standard operating procedure for Jay. I cringe whenever I see his videos because any professing Christian who's as arrogant and devoid of humility as he seems to be is an easy mark for the devil. I predict at some point in the future he'll "breakthrough" as they say, and begin to achieve the sort of fame he desires and then it will all come crashing down when some past sin or misdeed is brought to light.

Here is something he shared on his twitter page a few months ago.

[Image: DycGyoZWwAACgMR.jpg:large]

Two can play at that game (I didn't make this meme).

[Image: 47579730_10103015184762581_7899932810108...e=5D1DECB1]
It's funny, Dyer has never really left Protestantism.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(02-13-2019, 12:51 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: He asked me to debate him once. Ixnay on that. I hate debate.

I've only seen Nick Fuentes and Dr. Francis Feingold debate him. Fuentes did terribly from the little I saw. I haven't really watched the debate with Dr. Feingold. Jay has said "everyone declines a debate" with him in the E. Michael Jones video.

Here is a more recent debate he had with a Protestant. Throwing insults at his opponent and then deciding to cut off the debate looks terribly on Jay's part.

Fuentes is only effective in debating the SJW mindset. He's a terrible Christian debater though. The kid really needs to go back to uni and finish his degree, lay off the politics for a few years.
Unfortunately I don't have any "fun facts" about me unless being a practicing Catholic counts.

Trying to get better every day week.
(03-23-2019, 07:38 PM)Tom More Wrote: It's funny, Dyer has never really left Protestantism.

From Jay's point of view, he might probably think he was still a Protestant while in Catholicism. Catholics would say the Orthodox were the first Protestants, and the Orthodox vice versa. I remember him posting a meme of something that said that the Orthodox have been Sedevacantists since 1054, probably mocking Sedevacantists. Curiously enough, he likely supports the idea that Sedevacantism supports the Orthodox position. A guy named John Pontrello wrote a book on the subject.

https://www.amazon.com/Sedevacantist-Del...1-fkmrnull
(03-24-2019, 01:43 AM)Echo Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 07:38 PM)Tom More Wrote: It's funny, Dyer has never really left Protestantism.

From Jay's point of view, he might probably think he was still a Protestant while in Catholicism. Catholics would say the Orthodox were the first Protestants, and the Orthodox vice versa. I remember him posting a meme of something that said that the Orthodox have been Sedevacantists since 1054, probably mocking Sedevacantists. Curiously enough, he likely supports the idea that Sedevacantism supports the Orthodox position. A guy named John Pontrello wrote a book on the subject.

https://www.amazon.com/Sedevacantist-Del...1-fkmrnull
My comment was glib. What I mean to say is the Protestant mentality of thinking that pervades many converts into Orthodoxy and even traditional Catholicism. There is too much an emphasis on reading books and trying to over-intellectualize faith. Dyer's obsession with the 'essence-energy' distinction is an example, but he is by no means the only one to display this kind of thinking.

It's an attractive route to take because faith life is so divorced from regular social interactions and life it almost becomes another consumption based hobby (e.g. something like when people say they are in a fandom). The social aspect of the faith is just as important, probably more important, than reading religious texts. This is something that many traditionalists seem to miss or not look at, or at least I haven't seen it. Correct teaching and theology needs a fixed community around it. Without that kind of skin in the game, it become easy to church/denomination hop until you find what appeals to you most.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Tom More's post:
  • jovan66102
(03-19-2019, 01:02 AM)Echo Wrote:

Sadly that's pretty much standard operating procedure for Jay. I cringe whenever I see his videos because any professing Christian who's as arrogant and devoid of humility as he seems to be is an easy mark for the devil. I predict at some point in the future he'll "breakthrough" as they say, and begin to achieve the sort of fame he desires and then it will all come crashing down when some past sin or misdeed is brought to light.

As I've said before he is a glib pseudo-intellectual who's main priority is becoming an internet celebrity and growing a "following." Don't believe me? Go look on his twitter feed around the same time Jordan Peterson entered the mainstream consciousness and you will find tweet after tweet of Jay whining that he wasn't part of the "intellectual dark web" and so on. He sounds and acts like any self-help guru you find on twitter or youtube. He just happens to be obsessed with Eastern Orthodoxy and not fitness, or nofap.
The contemplative is not one who discovers secrets no one knows, but one who is swept into ecstasy by what everyone knows.
-A Carthusian
(03-24-2019, 08:26 PM)MeanGene Wrote:

As I've said before he is a glib pseudo-intellectual who's main priority is becoming an internet celebrity and growing a "following." Don't believe me? Go look on his twitter feed around the same time Jordan Peterson entered the mainstream consciousness and you will find tweet after tweet of Jay whining that he wasn't part of the "intellectual dark web" and so on. He sounds and acts like any self-help guru you find on twitter or youtube. He just happens to be obsessed with Eastern Orthodoxy and not fitness, or nofap.

This meme is probably more appropriate

[Image: D2jJE57U8AAuGIV.jpg]
He's still a "spergy" sede as far as I'm concerned.
The contemplative is not one who discovers secrets no one knows, but one who is swept into ecstasy by what everyone knows.
-A Carthusian

After spending time in the Orthodox Church and sadly time in the Novus Ordo Church I have to admit that the Virgin/Chad Meme is pretty accurate