Questions about Fr. Hesse regarding the Ordinary Form of the Mass
*snip*
Never mind, figured it out for myself.

*snip*
A rite cannot be 'schismatic'. It's either valid or invalid. As much as I don't like it, I too attend the NO, and consider it valid. Lacking in Catholic catechesis especially in Eucharistic theology, but still valid.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • In His Love
(02-07-2019, 09:09 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: A rite cannot be 'schismatic'. It's either valid or invalid. As much as I don't like it, I too attend the NO, and consider it valid. Lacking in Catholic catechesis especially in Eucharistic theology, but still valid.

True. It seems that Fr. Hesse played with fire when it came to his approach to Vatican II and the OF.
(02-07-2019, 09:09 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: A rite cannot be 'schismatic'. It's either valid or invalid. As much as I don't like it, I too attend the NO, and consider it valid. Lacking in Catholic catechesis especially in Eucharistic theology, but still valid.
A lot of the younger generations including myself only had the NO growing up. I plan to find and attend a traditional Latin mass soon. I feel like something was taken from me and it saddens me as I would've liked to have had a choice growing up.

I would like to add that I am still grateful for my mom's conversion too Catholicism early in my childhood.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux

I kind of wonder if perhaps--either directly or indirectly--B16 was sort of answering Fr. Hesse when (in Summorum Pontificum) B16 proclaimed the two forms of the Mass: Ordinary and Extraordinary. In other words,they're not two separate rites. I know this doesn't answer all of Fr Hesse's objections to the new Mass, but nevertheless, it does appear to cover one major part.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton

If I understood correctly, Fr. Hesses' primary issue with the NO wasn't the validity of the NO Mass as much as it's licitness.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • St. Camillus
(02-07-2019, 11:21 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:

If I understood correctly, Fr. Hesses' primary issue with the NO wasn't the validity of the NO Mass as much as it's licitness.
He also doubted it's validity due to the words of consecration be changed. Before then all Novus Ordo masses contained a lie in them. That was changed in 2011. There are still many other issues he had with it though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes For Petes Sake's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(02-08-2019, 09:50 AM)For Petes Sake Wrote: Before then all Novus Ordo masses contained a lie in them. That was changed in 2011.

No, it didn't. Christ died for all, even if many will choose to reject it and be damned.
(02-08-2019, 10:27 AM)Paul Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 09:50 AM)For Petes Sake Wrote: Before then all Novus Ordo masses contained a lie in them. That was changed in 2011.

No, it didn't. Christ died for all, even if many will choose to reject it and be damned.

The bible says "for many" it does not say "for all".