Potty training is nasty business
Puke

That is all.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • mpk1987
Agreed! We just went through that ourselves a couple months ago. May your stain remover and stomachs be strong, and may your munchkin find potty success quickly! LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • mpk1987
We've found that prizes for going potty have been very successful. That said, cleaning the potty is no fun.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/

Malachi Martin was right.
OK.  I thought about posting this to the disgusting kid themed thread from way back but . . .  Since Jeeter brought it up:

I have a son who is 95% successful on the potty for #1.   Nap time and mornings are harder but there are days when he gets up completely clean.  #2 is its own horrible experience.  Today, I cleaned up 3 poonamis (yes, a tsunami poo - up the back, down the leg, on the floor as he walks toward you . . . You get the picture - and I am sorry for it!).  These moments are the sole horror shows in the house lately and I need to work on him.  How do you get your sons to take a dump in the potty?  My other boys were easier or perhaps more accurately had their own issues - this just wasn't one of them.  My daughter was easy until later when she became constipated and that was a whole different issue.  This kid doesn't seem to feel a priority to take care of business and I am at a loss as to how to proceed.  

Oh and yes, we offer "nummies" for every "chocolate surprise" delivered in the potty.  - Dark cocoa covered almonds to be exact: yes, I am amused by it.  Does that make me evil?
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
(06-27-2019, 06:39 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: How do you get your sons to take a dump in the potty? 

This may sound weird, but I took my two younger boys in the bathroom with me. I’d sit on the toilet, and they’d sit on their potty. I’d flip through a Cabelas catalog, they’d flip through Dr. Seuss.

Quote:Oh and yes, we offer "nummies" for every "chocolate surprise" delivered in the potty.  - Dark cocoa covered almonds to be exact: yes, I am amused by it.  Does that make me evil?

Not evil at all. Evil would be feeding him a couple of purple Airheads candies, then waiting for Pilgrim’s reaction when the little guy sinks the Brown, I mean Purple, October. Yes, it turns purple. Ask how I know. Big Grin

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

I'm not sure I know where to buy Airheads . . .  but now I want to!!!!   Big Grin
(06-28-2019, 12:00 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: I'm not sure I know where to buy Airheads . . .  but now I want to!!!!   Big Grin

Wally World.  Or here, like I do, so I can make an Amazon Smile donation to FE. Big Grin

Setting up FishEaters as your charity on Amazon is a great thing - isn't it!  Smile
One of the biggest triumphs of potty training is when your boys can finally use the urinals in a public restroom.
(07-06-2019, 09:51 PM)LionHippo Wrote: One of the biggest triumphs of potty training is when your boys can finally use the urinals in a public restroom.

I respectfully disagree for 2 reasons. 1) hitting a urinal is like stepping on grass in your yard. 2) I don’t have to clean up.

Triumph for me is when they hit the toilet bowl. Not the sides or outside of the toilet. Not the toilet seat hinges, the floor, walls, or mirror.

On a lighter note, feeding a 3 year old a blue Airhead candy while your mother-in-law is visiting is SOOOO worth the laugh.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • jovan66102