Potty training is nasty business
My eldest son learned to use a urinal when he was out with his father somewhere (I can't remember where).  He came home all excited.  The next day, he "taught" his brothers how to do it - in the shower.  No kidding, it gets quiet (which means someone is doing something they shouldn't) and I come up to boys lined up peeing in the shower!   Big Grin  I thanked my husband for teaching an important life lesson and made those boys clean the bathroom . . .    It's funny how much more accurate boys can be when they are actually responsible for cleaning up the messes they make!
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fontevrault's post:
  • Jeeter
Well, it's not really about potty training but this seems an appropriate thread. As I posted a few days ago I've become a grandfather again. It's my youngest son's first, and this evening he messaged us, 'I'll never look at stone ground mustard the same.' After I stopped laughing, I messaged back, 'Welcome to parenthood!'
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Big Grin  Tell him that when I brought my youngest home from the NICU, I had to text pictures of his poop to his team of nurses, the dietician, and the lactation consultant.  It could always be worse!
Ask him if his newborn's poop smells like popcorn.  Then make popcorn next time he visits.

That's always worth a laugh. Big Grin
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Nope.  Get a bunch of candy bars of varying sorts.  Melt them into a few newborn sized diapers and quiz him on the different types of baby poo reflected in those "samples."  Then offer him a piece of candy . . .

My dad calls a poopy diaper a chocolate surprise . . . It's just not a good surprise! Smile