Sexual Addiction
I humbly ask your prayers for the overcoming of my addiction.  Yesterday I went to a massage parlor and prostituted the woman there.  These are the depths I succumbed to.  I put on a good face for others; many would be shocked to hear of such proclivities.  I regularly go to confession, but I have the fortitude of jelly.  I find it hard to pray, I have even come to doubt God at this point.  Or at least my relationship with Him.  Every ounce of strength He gives me I squander in self-pleasure.  I love myself more than Him, and I am in despair.  I will go to confession today, Lord willing, but in the meantime I am in mortal sin and my soul is in peril.  And in the meantime, I have to got to work and pretend everything is okay.  I feel pretty broken.  

Your prayers are greatly appreciated, and if you have any prayers you would suggest to me to pray throughout this day, I would appreciate those as well.

Pax
“The Catholic Church is the only thing which saves a man from the degrading slavery of being a child of his age” - GK Chesterton

I'll include you in my Daily Rosary intentions.

And above all, keep praying the Daily Rosary. Ask Our Lady to get you to be chaste, even if it is only a day at a time. If you can do a decade of the Rosary every half-hour, that's better than nothing. And ask St. Mary Magdalene for her help also.

I'm sure that there are many on this good forum that struggle with sexual addiction in one form or another. You are not alone in this, rest assured. Even great saints like Augustine of Hippo had to fight this. Remember his Confessions and his struggles with chastity before the Lord won his heart. So keep praying and frequenting Confession.

May God strengthen you in this struggle. And please keep praying for us also. Many thanks in advance. Heart Heart Heart
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes HailGilbert's post:
  • Roamin
I am currently on my lunch break from my local parish where I work as a facilities person. When I head into the church for cleaning I will pray for your intentions.

You are not the first to deal with such an issue. As the old saying goes, don't ask me how I know.

God bless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes redneckpride4ever's post:
  • Roamin
I'll add you to my Rosary intentions. May I suggest praying to St. Joseph for purity?
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • Roamin
(02-11-2019, 07:38 AM)Roamin Wrote: I humbly ask your prayers for the overcoming of my addiction.  Yesterday I went to a massage parlor and prostituted the woman there.  These are the depths I succumbed to.  I put on a good face for others; many would be shocked to hear of such proclivities.  

I, for one, am not shocked, and I admire your honesty. You can overcome this.

Quote:I regularly go to confession, but I have the fortitude of jelly.  I find it hard to pray, I have even come to doubt God at this point.  Or at least my relationship with Him.  Every ounce of strength He gives me I squander in self-pleasure.  I love myself more than Him, and I am in despair.  I will go to confession today, Lord willing, but in the meantime I am in mortal sin and my soul is in peril.  And in the meantime, I have to got to work and pretend everything is okay.  I feel pretty broken.  

Your prayers are greatly appreciated, and if you have any prayers you would suggest to me to pray throughout this day, I would appreciate those as well.

You intimate that your sin means that you love yourself more than Him, but I don't think it's that simple. I bet that you'd choose martyrdom rather than say you reject Him if, say, Muslims were to get a hold of you. Yet, you sin. As we all do. 

Don't despair, whatever you do. Remember that St. Paul had been a murderer before he came to Christ. Being saved is a process. Hang on to Him, and trust Him, with all you've got.

On a practical level, think of things you can put between yourself and sexual sins -- things like St. Joseph's cinctures, more prayer, browser settings, more spiritual reading, retreats, frequent confession, daily Mass, etc. Ask yourself if anxiety has something to do with it -- i.e., whether you're using sex to relieve stress, and, if so, what else you can do about stress. Engage in introspection to try to ascertain what deeper purpose your sex addiction is fulfilling. Find other ways to get dopamine hits.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Roamin
(02-11-2019, 07:38 AM)Roamin Wrote: I thank you all for your prayers and suggestions.  I have ordered a St. Joseph cincture as a visible reminder of chastity, and my priest will happily bless it when it arrives in the mail.  

The priest who heard my confession gave me resources as well, of which I am grateful.

It's true that I have anxiety, and am on several medications for it.  I wish I wasn't prone to such weakness, but there it is.  I have to work very hard on not despairing.  

Again, thank you all.  you are in my prayers as well

Blessings.
“The Catholic Church is the only thing which saves a man from the degrading slavery of being a child of his age” - GK Chesterton

Let these feelings of brokenness be a deterrent for you in the future so that you never sin this way again. With Jesus, you can do it!  Smile
Hang in there, we're all rooting for you. Don't give up the fight.   Pray
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton