Bishops applaud Cardinal Müller for ‘prophetic’ Manifesto of Faith
February 11, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – At least three bishops so far are publicly supporting Cardinal Gerhard Müller after he issued a “Manifesto of Faith” on Friday in the hope of clearing up the growing doctrinal confusion in the Church.

Bishops Joseph Strickland, Thomas Tobin, and Marian Eleganti all expressed their gratitude to Cardinal Müller, the former head of the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, for reaffirming the essential tenets of our Catholic Faith.  https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/bisho...o-of-faith
[-] The following 5 users Like Eric F's post:
  • In His Love, josh987654321, Roger Buck, SeeTheLight, VoxClamantis
I hope people sign the petition on that page: https://lifepetitions.com/petition/sign-...o-of-faith

About the petition:

Quote:Cardinal Gerhard Müller, the former head of the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, has taken a new step in the call for orthodoxy by issuing a Manifesto of Faith.

The manifesto reads as a correction of many of the doctrinal errors Pope Francis has taught during his tenure as Pope.  Though he does not mention the Pope, he explains that he was asked by bishops, priests, religious, and laymen to make a public testimony of the truth “in the face of growing confusion about the doctrine of the Faith.”

The cardinal is releasing his manifesto to a worldwide audience, in seven different languages, thus allowing for a widespread affirmation of the orthodox Catholic faith.

To this end, LifeSite is hosting this petition so the Catholic clergy and faithful of the world, in all language groups, can make a visible sign of their support for the full and unvarnished faith and for the Cardinal’s initiative. We thereby also wish to express our gratitude for Cardinal Müller’s historic defense of the Faith.

This petition is very simply a call to action for the Catholic faithful. It asks us to support Cardinal Müller’s Manifesto.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
Signed and shared on my blog earlier.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I'm not going to sign it, I support the good Cardinal, but I've signed dozens of secular petitions which have all been useless (other then showing said person support, but what matters is what you and your friends and family do at the ballot box). I also don't think Bergoglio is our legitimate Pope so I don't agree with the premise and it doesn't matter how serious the petition is or how many people signed it, because the Church isn't a democracy. Can't have a Pope pressured to resign (like Benedict was) through popular opinion.

Hes either guided by the Holy Spirit or not, I say not. Hes either our legitimate Pope or not, I say not. The gates of hell have either prevailed or not, again I say not.

Pope Benedict is the only one who can do anything about this, that's who Cardinal Gerhard Müller needs to speak to, since Pope Benedict is the only one with legitimate claim and legitimate authority, all others are usurpers or schismatics.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me that treat Me thus.” - St. Margaret Mary. Ignored by King of France Culminating in French Revolution.

"Charity concert at Cdl. Schonborn's Cathedral features shirtless actor dancing on Communion rail" - Dec 4, 2018

Signed by self and wife.

Now, I know what you mean by this bit josh and feel similarly ...

(02-12-2019, 04:23 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: I've signed dozens of secular petitions which have all been useless

BUT the crisis in the Church is SO severe that every drop in the bucket is important, I think. Encourage others to sign it.
(02-11-2019, 05:36 PM)Eric F Wrote: February 11, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – At least three bishops so far are publicly supporting Cardinal Gerhard Müller after he issued a “Manifesto of Faith” on Friday in the hope of clearing up the growing doctrinal confusion in the Church.

Bishops Joseph Strickland, Thomas Tobin, and Marian Eleganti all expressed their gratitude to Cardinal Müller, the former head of the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, for reaffirming the essential tenets of our Catholic Faith.  https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/bisho...o-of-faith

This is how you know we need God to intervene big time to re-establish orthodoxy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Cardinal Müller did this, but articles about his Manifesto could just as easily be headed, "Catholic Cardinal States the Catholic Faith." This shouldn't be news, it should go without saying. We're in pretty deep now.
(Yesterday, 01:39 PM)In His Love Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Cardinal Müller did this, but articles about his Manifesto could just as easily be headed, "Catholic Cardinal States the Catholic Faith." This shouldn't be news, it should go without saying. We're in pretty deep now.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when the question, "Is the Pope Catholic?" has to be thought about.