McCarrick has been laicised!
Story at the National Catholic Register
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(02-16-2019, 04:03 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Story at the National Catholic Register

One down, but way too many to go and they probably won't. :-/
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
(02-16-2019, 04:42 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 04:03 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Story at the National Catholic Register

One down, but way too many to go and they probably won't. :-/

Oh, I think they're all gonna go--the bad ones I mean. This is only the tip of the iceberg. It's gonna get uglier before it gets better.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Zedta
Too little too late, or is it, better late than never ? Maybe both. I think what society has forgotten is that this did not start with or under Pope Francis. When dealing with an infestation one has to take bigger steps to rid the infestation , if you just run around with a shoe smashing one big critter at at time, while the rest just scatter and hide; it will be next to impossible to resolve said infestation. Maybe this also falls under better to do something than nothing.... Though not taking away credit from Pope Francis for the steps he has taken, where others in leadership have merely swept the problem under the rug hoping it will never be seen or that someone else will solve it long after they are gone. For me, this news is no cause for celebration. There needs to be a serious fumigation, seal up the house, throw a tent over it. An Fumigate. At least an ultimatum, step down immediately if you know you are guilty, spend the rest of your living life doing penance; or those who are guilty and refuse to step down on their own will not only face excommunication if and when caught but also be damned to hell. Anything less is just piddling around. If the Church takes its' doctrine, dogma, the Eucharist ,etc.. seriously and expects society to believe the Church to be honest and transparent for me an ultimatum as such is an acceptable one. An more over those entering the religious life should be forewarned of the severity of harming the Church up front and taught to step down and get out on their own rather than harming others and themselves. Just another arm chair opinion is all... I got my own fish to fry to versus losing sleep over this. Hence what leaders are for and hence the saying " Heavy is the head that wears the Crown". All that losing sleep, all the cries for penance and etc from anyone other than those who have done the Church harm, is where it all belongs. Good leaders don't let others bare the burden for their misconduct , crimes, an etc. But then they wouldn't be criminals or cowards;they would be actually good , honest leaders. Criminals and cowards call for others to do the heavy lifting when things get down and dirty. Honest and Good people don't ask. They lead and if others choose to follow they are allowed too. But they are never asked to join in the burden at hand.
The latest appointment announced in Rome in respect of Cardinal Farrel tells you all you need to know about the Vatican and that the ship is still holding steady on course for the rocks!
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
(02-17-2019, 07:29 AM)MyLady Wrote: The latest appointment announced in Rome in respect of Cardinal Farrel tells you all you need to know about the Vatican and that the ship is still holding steady on course for the rocks!

Dunno who Farrel is , I personally don't keep up with the who's who in the prelate factory. But nothing knew with leader ship directing the church straight into the rocks as you say. Been like that for a long long time. The problems with the Church are never going to be fully corrected. It will always be perfectly flawed, heading for one large object to crash into, to another. It is rather ironic, slightly amusing, that the prelates to the pope revert to " the evil one made us do it, or corrupted the church ", yet when things are going good it is, we have the freedom of choice, or free will or I have even heard that God will sometimes let things that seem hurtful happen in order to " humiliate us " so that " we become more dependent upon Him ". What ever though.  When the Church becomes personified, and then mistranslated, and then is allowed to grow into something it should have never been, this is what happens. You get the power hungry and the corrupt infiltrating a system into which they are allowed to create rules to protect the power and corruption that they have and are only reactionary when caught in the act.

It will take constant conservative catholic watch dog groups to keep those in power in Rome and in the Vatican in check at all times. Which is a good thing as such groups get the lay people more involved with in the Church.