Recommendation for Easter Mass in Dublin?
A neighbor whose family attends a local NO church told me her family would be spending Easter in Dublin and asked me which church would be best for Mass.  Seeing as how I haven't been back since I was a kid, I wouldn't know, but a search for something reverent, at least, turned up St. Kevin's and Whitefriar Street Church.  The Cathedral (St. Mary's Pro-) would be worth a visit, but I'm not sure about the Mass though a NO sung Latin is listed.  Any Fishies out there with recent experience at Mass in Dublin Town?  Ta!
According to the Latin Mass Directory, there is a TLM at St. Kevin's, every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation at 10:30 AM.

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(03-14-2019, 11:58 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: According to the Latin Mass Directory, there is a TLM at St. Kevin's, every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation at 10:30 AM.

Yeah, that did look like the best one, thanks.  Now he's asking for a pub!
Let me check with the C&SH. She was there just a few years ago.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

I asked her, but jet lag got her in Dublin and she never made it to a pub. But, she said that if your friend goes to Galway, not to miss O'Connor's Pub there.

***ETA*** Oh, and she said to avoid the Temple Bar area in Dublin. It's full of pubs, but they're tourist traps with prices to match.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Ambrosiano
(03-14-2019, 11:58 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: According to the Latin Mass Directory, there is a TLM at St. Kevin's, every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation at 10:30 EIRCOMNET

Just to note  in addition for anyone visiting Kilkenny in the South east there is TLM every Sunday 5pm  St Patrick's Church ( opposite St Kieran's College).
(03-14-2019, 11:44 PM)Ambrosiano Wrote: A neighbor whose family attends a local NO church told me her family would be spending Easter in Dublin and asked me which church would be best for Mass.  Seeing as how I haven't been back since I was a kid, I wouldn't know, but a search for something reverent, at least, turned up St. Kevin's and Whitefriar Street Church.  The Cathedral (St. Mary's Pro-) would be worth a visit, but I'm not sure about the Mass though a NO sung Latin is listed.  Any Fishies out there with recent experience at Mass in Dublin Town?  Ta!

I went to Sunday mass at St. Kevin's in the summer. Highly recommended! 

If you want to go to Confession before the Mass, arrive early. There's a long queue.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Julia Augusta's post:
  • Ambrosiano