Stranger Things
I agree completely re. "alien abductions" being demonic. It's absolutely amazing how much "ancient alien" stuff there is out there -- not just on Youtube, but in places like the History Channel, for crying out loud. Aliens fill our entertainment, from Star Trek to Star Wars to every other Sci-Fi and Fantasy flick ever made. It's scary, man. Our kids are soaking in it.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Augustinian
I posted this in 2016, but who goes back that far.

Around the end of Summer 1983, my best friend and I were heading out to Chicago's Lincoln Park by L Train on a Sunday morning to spend the day hanging out and going by the lakefront. I was an agnostic and very anti-Christian at the time, and for some reason I got on the subject of stigmata, and I couldn't stop making jokes about it. This was going on through out the morning and into the afternoon. Finally we're on the train ride back around 5pm, and I turn to my friend and still amazingly finding this ironically funny, I said something to him like "I swear, I absolutely swear I'm not making this up, but I've got sharp pains in both my hands and both my feet. It took a few minutes for me to convince him I really wasn't trying to be funny. I could still walk without difficulty, and on the zero to 10 pain scale, it was about 5 or 6. The pains lasted a few hours and were gone by the time I went to bed, and it was still more than a decade before I returned to the Church.
[-] The following 3 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Augustinian, JacafamalaRedux, VoxClamantis
(03-22-2019, 08:48 PM)Eric F Wrote: I posted this in 2016, but who goes back that far.

Around the end of Summer 1983, my best friend and I were heading out to Chicago's Lincoln Park by L Train on a Sunday morning to spend the day hanging out and going by the lakefront. I was an agnostic and very anti-Christian at the time, and for some reason I got on the subject of stigmata, and I couldn't stop making jokes about it. This was going on through out the morning and into the afternoon. Finally we're on the train ride back around 5pm, and I turn to my friend and still amazingly finding this ironically funny, I said something to him like "I swear, I absolutely swear I'm not making this up, but I've got sharp pains in both my hands and both my feet. It took a few minutes for me to convince him I really wasn't trying to be funny. I could still walk without difficulty, and on the zero to 10 pain scale, it was about 5 or 6. The pains lasted a few hours and were gone by the time I went to bed, and it was still more than a decade before I returned to the Church.
Sounds like a small taste of Divine Justice if you ask me, that's fantastic
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
I've never seen it since thank God, but when I was about--I don't know maybe 10 years old or so--late at night I saw a demon in my bedroom doorway. It was cloaked and faceless. Was it waiting to be invited in? I don't know. But I hid under the covers until it left. In the morning over breakfast my mother told me it was just a dream, but it wasn't a dream. She didn't believe me, though.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Augustinian
There was a period of my life when I had left the Church and wandered about the Protestant sects.  This lasted for a few years.  Then, about six months or so before I decided to return to the Church, I began having a series of dreams.  Not every night, in fact, at most once every few weeks.  The dreams were more or less the same.  I’d be driving somewhere, usually in what looked like my home town or the countryside around that little town (by this point in my life, I had moved a couple hours away from where I’d been raised) and I’d come upon a church and stop my car.  I’d wander into the church building and would happen upon a priest (always a different priest in each dream) and he would ask if I had come to make my confession.  After that, I’d wake up.  After having those dreams for a number of months, I decided to go to confession.  I also began studying traditional Catholicism and found my way to this forum.

A year or so after I had returned to the Church, I began having another series of dreams.  These were rather bizarre.  I’d see an angel, but not a good one.  He was hideous and threatening, so I assume he was a fallen angel.  He was very menacing but said nothing.  I had several of these dreams and then I began praying to St. Michael.  The next time I had the dream of the menacing being, a very beautiful angel appeared in this dream and thrust what appeared to be a sword into the menacing demonic entity and it disappeared.  I haven’t had the dream since.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 3 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Augustinian, HailGilbert, VoxClamantis
While making breakfast this morning for my family, my wife came in with my oldest daughter who is 6 years old. She asked me to pause my podcast I was listening to and told my daughter to tell me her dream.

My daughter tells me she dreamed about Mary last night. She dreamed that she saw Mary with a glow of white behind her. She had on a blue veil and a white dress and what she described was like a light orange apron. She said that Mary told her to pray the Rosary and she saw another little girl there kneeling and praying in front of Mary. My daughter said she immediately went down to her knees and started praying in her dream.

I asked her if she felt scared during her dream. She said she did not, she felt happy. I asked if she saw anything else in her dream, did she smell anything, did she hear anything else. She only said that she was outside and Mary was inside. It was dark behind her but light behind Mary.

This was after a conversation with my wife last night on the front porch after the kids went to sleep. She’s having a hard time choosing a confirmation Saint, as she’s going through RCIA right now. She said she feels pulled to choose Mary, after reading about dozens of other saints, because of her Motherhood and the struggle she went through with watching Jesus go through his passion.

Now, my wife comes from a very Baptist upbringing. The thing she’s resisted the most is venerating Mary. So I have to think Mary appeared to my daughter to help me establish a daily rosary for my whole family, but also to show my wife a sign about her choosing Mary as her confirmation saint.

This is what I’ve interpreted from it. Am I off base or do you all agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 3 users Like HeadRusch's post:
  • Augustinian, HailGilbert, jovan66102
I think she should get close to Mary, so she should seriously consider it.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • HailGilbert
Over the weekend I had this one imaginary vision that has really impacted my prayer life. I know it is not good to fixate on images due to the potential for relying on them and the possible demonically influenced ones. But this one really elevated my soul into an appreciation for Our Lord's Sacred Heart and Our Lady's Immaculate Heart.
During prayer, I had this image of myself clothed in a white mantle with gold trim, not unlike Our Lady of Fatima. I was kneeling in prayer in this bright plane, with a white shining cross towering over me. I knew that the Lord was seated there. To my left was Our Lady of Fatima. Her Immaculate Heart beating visibly in her breast, kneeling with her head bowed in prayer. Then my perspective shifted and I was standing with others clothed in white mantles. Our Lady stood amongst us holding a silver platter. She approached me and I placed my beating heart on the platter. Then she looked at it lovingly, held it to her breast, and it ignited with the flames of charity. This she presented as an offering to Our Lord Jesus Christ, clothed in glory and enthroned above us. He took the heart and absorbed it into His own Sacred Heart. Variations of this image have been brought to mind when I’ve been praying lately. The most uplifting was during Mass on Sunday, which was me amongst the multitude as described above. Yet the space we were in was more like a cathedral of white marble with the starry sky overhead. I have this indescribable joy when I’ve meditated on it. What I can take from this imagery is how Our Lady intercedes on our behalf. The heart represents all of my prayers, which she combines with her own love for the Lord and presents to Him as a perfect offering. I believe she is reminding me not to despair but to hold fast to my devotion to her. At the time I didn't realize it then, but in past week since then a devotion to the Sacred Heart has really erupted within me. I've been just fixated on Christ's love and keep picturing my own heart enflamed with this love.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us[Image: 4c72ff905fa3af5bb45fe2327f63f777.jpg]

I recall a friend I used to have telling me that a statue of Our Lady smiled at her once. One time, she was in church with her brothers, and the lights went off. The priest said something to the effect of, "By the power of Christ, may the lights come on!" They came on immediately.

Now, as for my own experiences, I have two that come to mind immediately.

My dad died very suddenly in 2014 from either pneumonia or H1N1 (swine flu). I had a very hard time dealing with this because it was the most major death I had encountered personally, I had some baggage leading up to the death, and it was very quick with little warning. After I had finished talking to my best friend on the phone and bawling my eyes out, I experienced a very deep and profound sense of peace. I'm not talking about being exhausted and finally falling asleep after heavy grieving. I mean it was tangible enough for my mom to tell my nana the next day that I had "found my peaceful place." I was able to stay calm for the entire ride home. It gave me a bit of time to adjust to what was going on, and then the grieving process resumed.

Now, fast forward a bit. A lamp in our house began to turn on and off on its own. Our power was fine; no other lamp in the house did this, and this lamp had never done this previously. Initially, this excited me and freaked me out a little. After a while, I began to assume it was my dad making contact with us, so I would say hi whenever it occurred. After a while, I had an idea to see how far this would go. Now, one thing you need to know about this lamp is that it has to be turned significantly for it to come on, and it will click when it does. You have to turn the knob to make it click. It would click on and off repeatedly. I decided to unplug the lamp after it clicked off. Sitting there, with the cord in my hand, the plug out of its socket, I heard a click. I plugged the lamp back in and it was on. As far as I'm aware, the lamp no longer does this. My guess is that my dad was/is? in Purgatory and was asking us for prayers in the way he was able to.

Secondly, when I venerated the relic of St. Francis Xavier's incorrupt hand and forearm last January, I felt a surge of peace and energy inside of me. I told my fiance that it was like being hugged from the inside out.
[-] The following 2 users Like In His Love's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102