Priest Suspended - and to be Excommunicated - for Orthodoxy?
Ginny, I've been here a really long time have never known the "powers that be" to delete stuff wholesale.  This is Vox's house and she keeps things very fair.  The most frequent things removed are ads for salacious and immodest content of an adult nature and other forms of spam.  Perhaps you are confusing FishEaters with another Catholic forum.
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 2 users Like Fontevrault's post:
  • Ginnyfree2, mpk1987
So where did I go? I tried signing on as my old self, Ginnyfree and I couldn't. Then when I did get in as the new me, Ginnyfree2, none of my old stuff, written as Ginnyfree could be found. I as well as everything I'd written before was gone, so the posts in the threads I commented on are also gone. Also St. Eliza asked that the thread itself get "edited" to remove any offending material. So, nuff said. God bless. Ginnyfree.
I just want to clarify something in case we leave all these side posts in here, leading people to confusion over Father Treco. 

I was the one who brought up Plymouth Brethren in this thread which is a SMALL SIDE SUBJECT which got blown way out of proportion. 

Plymouth Brethren was simply mentioned in Father Treco's conversion story on Journey Home. The reason it was mentioned on the show is because on all of Marcus Grodi's Journey Home programs, Marcus asks his guests to start from the beginning, with the faith (or non-faith) experience growing up. What was the context of their earliest encounters with God? Father Treco's parents were Plymouth Brethren and went to that church. 

It's reasonable to assume that like most children, he was not studying the theology of that, which would explain why the theology of the Plymouth Brethren church was not a subject (or much of one) of discussion on that Journey Home program. 

It just happened to be that for a short, busy, intense period of my life, a PB Church, a short walk from my home, was the faith community I embraced. It conformed with the broad theology of my Evangelical Protestantism which I identified with at the time. There were some deeply good things about those people that I had not remembered in a while, and the mention of PB in the Journey Home program made me remember.  I posted here reflecting on the good faith of some of the good people there, that's all. Then this thread got obsessively off on that SIDE SUBJECT, and I must assert that this is only remotely related to Father Treco. 

For the record, Father Treco converted from Anglican, not PB. As an young adult he began to look at theology and chose Anglican - he and his wife chose this - and they embraced this their entire pre-Catholic adult life. In fact it was only after many years as an Anglican that Father Treco became an Anglican priest. So Anglican is what primarily and overwhelmingly makes up his pre-conversion his faith walk.

So I just want to set the record straight, because reading this thread you might think otherwise. Father Treco talks about his walk with God in the Anglican Church in the Journey Home episode that I linked here in this thread, page 4, post #40.

(07-16-2019, 05:09 PM)Ginnyfree2 Wrote: So where did I go?  I tried signing on as my old self, Ginnyfree and I couldn't.  Then when I did get in as the new me, Ginnyfree2, none of my old stuff, written as Ginnyfree could be found.  I as well as everything I'd written before was gone, so the posts in the threads I commented on are also gone.  Also St. Eliza asked that the thread itself get "edited" to remove any offending material.  So, nuff said.  God bless.  Ginnyfree.

You didn't go anywhere; you're here, where you've been since 07-23-2015, and most recently on 05-04-2019 at 06:34 PM: https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/member.php?action=profile&uid=5290#comments/1

Your 59 posts and 2 threads are here, where they've been since you made them: https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/search.php?action=results&sid=5629c144f11134030d9329fe43dba269

You likely used the wrong password. 

Second accounts are against the rules.

That someone who's been here for a few weeks asks or hopes that a thread get edited doesn't mean it will.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 4 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • Bonaventure, Fontevrault, jovan66102, mpk1987
(07-17-2019, 12:59 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 05:09 PM)Ginnyfree2 Wrote: So where did I go?  I tried signing on as my old self, Ginnyfree and I couldn't.  Then when I did get in as the new me, Ginnyfree2, none of my old stuff, written as Ginnyfree could be found.  I as well as everything I'd written before was gone, so the posts in the threads I commented on are also gone.  Also St. Eliza asked that the thread itself get "edited" to remove any offending material.  So, nuff said.  God bless.  Ginnyfree.

You didn't go anywhere; you're here, where you've been since 07-23-2015, and most recently on 05-04-2019 at 06:34 PM: https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/member.php?action=profile&uid=5290#comments/1

Your 59 posts and 2 threads are here, where they've been since you made them: https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/search.php?action=results&sid=5629c144f11134030d9329fe43dba269

You likely used the wrong password. 

Second accounts are against the rules.

That someone who's been here for a few weeks asks or hopes that a thread get edited doesn't mean it will.

Gee, thanks for finding me.  I felt a bit lost.  So what so I do about the old account?  I'd like some time to copy what I wrote and then you can just delete it.  I've got an uber tight schedule between now and Weds. next week, so it will be difficult to have a few hours spare time to do all that copying.  I'm old and slow.  Let me know.  God bless.  Ginnyfree.
(07-17-2019, 10:16 PM)Ginnyfree2 Wrote: Gee, thanks for finding me.  I felt a bit lost.  So what so I do about the old account?  I'd like some time to copy what I wrote and then you can just delete it.  I've got an uber tight schedule between now and Weds. next week, so it will be difficult to have a few hours spare time to do all that copying.  I'm old and slow.  Let me know.  God bless.  Ginnyfree.

The posts still aren't going anywhere.

Don't worry about the other account; what's done is done. S'all good.

I'm old, too. Sigh.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
Two other articles have appeared re: Fr. Treco.

From The Remnant and written by Fr. Treco himself:  LET US PUT OUT THE FIRE! (Excommunicated Priest Defends Catholic Tradition)

and

From 1P5: ‘It Hath Hated Me before You’: Interview with Fr. Vaughn Treco, Excommunicated for Preaching the Faith
[-] The following 3 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • Fontevrault, jovan66102, St.Eliza