Priest Suspended - and to be Excommunicated - for Orthodoxy?
Just donated and added him to my prayer list. (Did the same for Father Ryan in Australia.)

This is just the pits for these pathetic shepherds who excommunicate someone for preaching the gospel of truth. I am just so upset over this I need to go and pray to calm down.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
[-] The following 4 users Like MyLady's post:
  • HailGilbert, jovan66102, St.Eliza, VoxClamantis
St. Athanasius was also unjustly excommunicated. He's in good company.
[-] The following 2 users Like In His Love's post:
  • HailGilbert, St.Eliza
Bumping this thread and providing an update.  The cause is still going, and any shekels you can send would no doubt be greatly appreciated.

The following is an update from the GoFundMe page:

Quote:Greetings friends and supporters!

It has been some time since I last updated you on the status of this fundraiser and Fr. Treco's canonical status. We've gone through all of the Easter season, the Holy Spirit has descended on Pentecost, we have worshiped God as the Trinity which He is, and today is the feast of Corpus Christi in which we honor, worship, and adore the Body of Christ in the Holy Eucharist (though I realize in many places that feast is transferred to this coming Sunday.) And after that, we begin the slow burn in the time after Pentecost (or Trinitytide as it is called in the Ordinariate calendar.)

It is at this time the the church year slows down. We become very accustomed to the green vestments of the sacred ministers, and feasts are few. It's during this time of year that we ponder all we have gone through in the first half of the year from Advent through Epiphany into Lent rising up to Easter, and let that nourish us through the journey of the Christian life. The time after Pentecost is not just "Ordinary Time" as if we're getting back to normal, but the time after Pentecost is when the Holy Spirit is moving in the Church which is the Kingdom of God to make manifest the rule of Christ the King here on earth.

It was on the feast of Christ the King at the end of the liturgical cycle last year that Fr. Treco delivered his homily in which he took a stand against a corrupt hierarchy and provided us with much needed context for the abuse scandal. Not only did he simply take a stand and tell us where this has its roots, but Fr. Treco also showed us a way forward, on how to live a good Catholic life in the midst of this terror.

Today is also the one year anniversary, to the day, of the then-Cardinal McCarrick revelations which brought the abuse scandal back to the forefront of our thoughts. If you follow Catholic media, you may be aware that new revelations about Cardinal Bernardin have come to light. You may have also heard about the neo-pagan sympathies and proposed laxity in the discipline of priestly celibacy in the Instrumentum Laboris for the upcoming Amazon Synod.

I won't go into any details of these things. You can find them yourself if you're interested. It is against all of these things that we all must stand, and it is for this reason that we need to to support Fr. Treco.

Some time ago, we doubled the amount the appeal initially asked for. This was not done lightly but because of a realization of what is at hand. The reality is this. On January 29th, Father was suspended a divinis, no longer able to celebrate the sacraments. On April 1st, Bishop Lopes issued a decree of excommunication against Fr. Treco. There was almost no due canonical process. Some facts of the case are in the image attached to this update.

Fr. Treco has submitted a canonical appeal to the Ordinariate, his second, both of which have been ignored by the chancery. The second was also sent to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith by way of the Papal Nuncio. Other battles are just over the horizon.

So far, Father's Canonical defense has cost over $5,000 USD. By the end, the expected cost is going to be in the excess of $15,000. That's the reality we're in and that's why we raised the fundraiser amount.

I'd like to thank you again, as I did at the beginning of the Easter season, for helping Fr. Treco to meet our initial goal. I did not know if we would reach it. We've exceeded that amount, but still have quite a ways to go.

With all of the evil be perpetrated by certain members of the hierarchy and the doctrinal confusion present through the diabolical disorientation in the church today, we need priests like Fr. Vaughn Treco who are willing to fight for the Catholic faith. We need them in good standing to administer the sacraments to keep us on the right path.

We still need your help. If you can continue to give, please do. Please direct friends, family, and fellow parishioners to this fundraiser. Share the link and updates on social media. And of course, offers prayers and sufferings for our persecuted priests, especially Fr. Treco.

God bless you all!
Pax Domine,
Jonathan

[Image: 37945782_1561080654370887_r.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • mpk1987, St.Eliza
I just received a message from Fr Treco in which he says,

Quote:There has been at least one rather gloriously happy consequence to my trial: I have the time to learn how to offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass according to the Mass of All Times!

So there's a silver lining to every rain cloud!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
(06-24-2019, 06:07 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I just received a message from Fr Treco in which he says,

Quote:There has been at least one rather gloriously happy consequence to my trial: I have the time to learn how to offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass according to the Mass of All Times!

So there's a silver lining to every rain cloud!

At last some good news out of this sad episode.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
[-] The following 3 users Like MyLady's post:
  • HailGilbert, jovan66102, St.Eliza
(03-26-2019, 01:31 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: The Complicit Clergy website is relating that a priest -- Fr. Vaughn Treco is a Catholic priest of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter and former parochial administrator of the Church of St. Bede the Venerable in St. Louis Park, MN -- has been suspended and being threatend with excommunication for giving the sermon below -- a sermon that is orthodox. See that website to learn more about this. (Anyone know anything?)

Does everyone realize this man is a married priest, with kids?  Something I found most Trads to oppose.

This makes my exact reason for married priests.  With the support of their family, they can stand against things and be less worried about being abandoned by the only family they would have - the Church.  

Good married priests are part of the cure to flush out the corruption.   This is why God inspired Paul to write 1 Timothy chapter 3.

Until we see that - I expect zero improvement of the Church.
(06-28-2019, 06:41 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: Does everyone realize this man is a married priest, with kids?  Something I found most Trads to oppose.

I did not know this and if true then yes, I do oppose the practice of married men being ordained to the priesthood. Doesn't mean he wasn't right in what he said in this homily and shouldn't have faced disciplinary actions for what he preached there (which did not include married priests).

God Bless
Thumbs Up 
Quote:Does everyone realize this man is a married priest, with kids?  Something I found most Trads to oppose.

This makes my exact reason for married priests.  With the support of their family, they can stand against things and be less worried about being abandoned by the only family they would have - the Church.  

[Image: picardfacepalm.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Alphonse il Segundo's post:
  • Bonaventure, Filiolus, MagisterMusicae, mpk1987
(06-28-2019, 06:41 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: This makes my exact reason for married priests.  With the support of their family, they can stand against things and be less worried about being abandoned by the only family they would have - the Church.  

It just reinforces my opposition. You say, 'With the support of their family, they can stand against things'. Then why are we having a crowdfunder to support Father and his family? Fr Paul Kalchik is in a similar, if even worse, situation, but there is no crowdfunding needed in his case, because he is responsible only for himself. 

As I've said before, I greatly admire Fr Treco's courage. I'm afraid many men with his responsibilities would just keep their heads down and go with the flow of heresy and apostasy rather than put their families at risk.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • mpk1987
Support is not all about money - but more about moral and personal. It's just an element that I think the Catholic Church is missing, and paying the price for.

I think this man is a great example of what an addition to the Church it could be. Wouldn't you take another 100 priests like this?