Catholic Answers Forums - suspended for 4th time
(03-29-2019, 05:26 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: I left that place. Two times I saw them erase posts that did not fit their narrative. One time someone really kicked their butt on something - read it and then went back later and it was gone.

If you read the history of threads there you have no idea what's been erased.

Yes - they want you to think the NO Mass is the best ever. Patrick Coffin left there to do his own thing. But I have lost a lot of confidence in the other guys that stay there, guys I used to consider good resources.

It's a tool of the institution now.
It's places like CAF that I feel I can sympathize with the Prophets as they watched their brethren worship Baal.

Praying for them is the best we can do if they won't be reasonable.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
I believe I was suspended twice. Or was it three times ... Either way CAF makes me shake my head too many times because of all the nonsense it spews. There were a couple of Catholic posters, rather conservative and sharp in their thinking, that were banned. They stood their ground towards to snarky secular, liberal posters as well as cafeteria "Catholics." The only thing that CAF has over FE is more traffic. But like some Catholics who started to take their faith more seriously, CAF was the entry point for me. I then matured a little, found traditionalism and discovered FE.
Unfortunately I don't have any "fun facts" about me unless being a practicing Catholic counts.

Trying to get better every day week.
I wasn't suspended from CAF, but I don't like how things are handled there. I also received a particularly strange response to a comment simply saying that I think we should wear our Sunday best to Mass.

The main site has wonderful resources, but the forum needs some serious cleaning up, in my opinion.
(03-28-2019, 06:51 AM)Jeeter Wrote: Pretty much what Vox said; stay here.  I'm currently on a 1000 year suspension from CAF.  Honestly, at that point, it seems like you might as well ban me.  That place is touchier than Summer Camp McCarrick.

CAF is way too liberal for me. I was only suspended once. When they changed format I dumped them. I did meet some good folks there though. They too have quit CAF.
(03-30-2019, 11:11 PM)trident59 Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 06:51 AM)Jeeter Wrote: Pretty much what Vox said; stay here.  I'm currently on a 1000 year suspension from CAF.  Honestly, at that point, it seems like you might as well ban me.  That place is touchier than Summer Camp McCarrick.

CAF is way too liberal for me. I was only suspended once. When they changed format I dumped them. I did meet some good folks there though. They too have quit CAF.

It is good to have some solidarity with other traditional or orthodox Catholics on there.  It becomes fatiguing to debate with liberals and modernists.  My particular pet peeve is those who hold a very liberal view of Scripture (or anyone who holds the NAB or NABRE to be "great" Bible translations).  They excel at what liberal thought does best - assert something with full confidence that makes no sense to anyone else capable of thinking.  Especially things like "well, Noah didn't exist, the Flood didn't happen, and even though Jesus spoke about it we don't have to believe it really happened.  What's really important is that the story conveys a truth which we must believe." 

And in a nutshell, that is a hallmark trait of a modernist - they have no supernatural faith.
[-] The following 2 users Like LionHippo's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102
(03-31-2019, 01:53 AM)LionHippo Wrote: They excel at what liberal thought does best - assert something with full confidence that makes no sense to anyone else capable of thinking.  Especially things like "well, Noah didn't exist, the Flood didn't happen, and even though Jesus spoke about it we don't have to believe it really happened.  What's really important is that the story conveys a truth which we must believe." 

And in a nutshell, that is a hallmark trait of a modernist - they have no supernatural faith.

And I'm just sitting here coming around to believing that all the races of man descended from either Shem, Ham, or Japheth...
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4