Anger and charity
I don't know if I could have titled this thread better.  I was reading an article on the Fisheaters website and it got me thinking.  It was this article: https://www.fisheaters.com/praeternaturalworld4.html.  I was struck by how utterly corrupted by evil some men can become.  In particular, the heinous monster named Peter Scully and the others mentioned in the article.  I kind of wish that I had paid heed to the clear warning in the article about the graphic nature of the crimes that were about to be described.  But, as I often do, I read anyway and I find myself wanting to see such men suffer the most severe punishments that can be (morally) meted out.  But that's not my question here.  I'm assuming I'm supposed to want to see these heinous murderers repent and avoid Hell.  Okay, with God's help I can do at least that.  However, and this is where my question really comes in, is it permissible to hope or want to see such men spend as long as possible in Purgatory?  What's my Christian duty here?
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

Messages In This Thread
Anger and charity - by SeekerofChrist - 03-28-2019, 09:56 PM
Anger and charity - by Augustinian - 03-29-2019, 09:28 AM
RE: Anger and charity - by MagisterMusicae - 03-29-2019, 09:53 PM
RE: Anger and charity - by SeekerofChrist - 03-30-2019, 10:03 AM