How Trad are you poll
(04-02-2019, 08:29 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 08:20 PM)Paradosiakos Wrote: I got only 64%. I’m shocked. I’m wondering by who’s definition of tradition are they using?
Those who mostly appreciate the accidental form of the Mass.

Sorry but I don’t understand what you mean by the accidental form.

I also think the car question is ridiculous. I’ve seen large families walking to church.

You can call me sedvacantist then. I too believe the Latin Mass is the only licit Mass if one is truly traditional.
(04-03-2019, 09:43 AM)Paradosiakos Wrote: You can call me  sedvacantist then. I too believe the Latin Mass is the only licit Mass if one is truly traditional.
I'm so thoroughly tired of this attitude of, "If you're really trad, you'll do/approach *insert trad-related thing* like I do."
[-] The following 3 users Like In His Love's post:
  • Jeeter, jovan66102, SeeTheLight
(04-03-2019, 08:49 AM)GangGreen Wrote: On the car question, apparently if you don't have 7+ kids you're not trad enough. So those who get married and start having kids later and only have a 10ish year window before birth defect risks go through the roof, too bad. You're not trad enough.

Or if you struggle with infertility.
(04-03-2019, 09:43 AM)Paradosiakos Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 08:20 PM)Paradosiakos Wrote: I got only 64%. I’m shocked. I’m wondering by who’s definition of tradition are they using?

The outward appearance of the Mass, the liturgy, the language, music, things like incense or altar rails or veils. All things I support a return to, but I've noticed a lot of self-proclaimed "trads" seem to ONLY emphasize these things as what will "fix" the Church. I can't tell you how many times I've heard speech of altar rails as some indicator of a parish's level of reverence. All of these questions seem to fall into this category.

When the real solution to fix the issues so prevalent is a return to proper catechesis by informing Catholics on what the Church actually teaches. You can force a return to as many outward forms of traditionalism, but this does nothing for those who have a watered-down "cafeteria Catholic" understanding of the faith.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • SeeTheLight
(04-03-2019, 10:03 AM)In His Love Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 08:49 AM)GangGreen Wrote: On the car question, apparently if you don't have 7+ kids you're not trad enough. So those who get married and start having kids later and only have a 10ish year window before birth defect risks go through the roof, too bad. You're not trad enough.

Or if you struggle with infertility.
Or if you're a convert and your spouse is not religious and refuses to get off contraception...
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
87% for me
Cor Immaculatum Mariae, ora pro nobis. (Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.)
Sancte Pie Quinte, ora pro nobis.(St. Pius V, pray for us.)
Sancte Pie Decime, ora pro nobis.(St. Pius X, pray for us.)
Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (No salvation outside the Church)
“Catholics who remain faithful to Tradition, even if they are reduced to a handful, are the true Church of Jesus Christ.”  St. Athanasius
(04-03-2019, 10:09 AM)Augustinian Wrote: The outward appearance of the Mass, the liturgy, the language, music, things like incense or altar rails or veils. All things I support a return to, but I've noticed a lot of self-proclaimed "trads" seem to ONLY emphasize these things as what will "fix" the Church. I can't tell you how many times I've heard speech of altar rails as some indicator of a parish's level of reverence. All of these questions seem to fall into this category.

When the real solution to fix the issues so prevalent is a return to proper catechesis by informing Catholics on what the Church actually teaches. You can force a return to as many outward forms of traditionalism, but this does nothing for those who have a watered-down "cafeteria Catholic" understanding of the faith.

Liturgy, language, music, etc, are all their own kind of catechesis. That's why stained glass became popular when the average person couldn't read or write; the artwork taught them their faith. Yes, people need to be catechized better through other means as well, but this is also effective.
(04-03-2019, 10:09 AM)Augustinian Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 09:43 AM)Paradosiakos Wrote:

The outward appearance of the Mass, the liturgy, the language, music, things like incense or altar rails or veils. All things I support a return to, but I've noticed a lot of self-proclaimed "trads" seem to ONLY emphasize these things as what will "fix" the Church. I can't tell you how many times I've heard speech of altar rails as some indicator of a parish's level of reverence. All of these questions seem to fall into this category.

I agree the catechesis is in dire need to return to what it was prior to V2. There are lot of things needed for a return to tradition but it won’t happen with the current hierarchy.
This will get you 100% on the poll.

At Mass, the Eucharist should be received…
on the tongue

What type of building should be used for a church building?
Only traditional architecture in pre-modernist styles

What is your opinion of the Latin Mass?
It's the only valid and licit form of the Mass

At Mass, the Eucharist should be received…
while kneeling

Ad orientem in the Mass…
is the only valid posture

Do you go to Latin Mass?
On Sundays I only go to Latin Masses

How should women be able to participate in the Mass?
As part of the congregation

What style of music should be used at Mass
Chant and no instruments

What size of vehicle should a Catholic family drive, out of necessity?
Minibus

When should incense be used at Mass?
As often as possible

What should be abstained from on Fridays?
Meat

Veils for women should be …
required

What is the minimum one should fast before receiving Holy Communion?
From midnight of the preceding night
(04-03-2019, 01:48 PM)Paradosiakos Wrote: What size of vehicle should a Catholic family drive, out of necessity?
Minibus

I still think the term "minibus" smacks of something from "Cheech & Chong."
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • Paradosiakos