Serious sin to drive unregistered vehicle?
Registration expired yesterday.  Can’t pay until Wednesday.  Serious sin???
Probably not a serious sin, unless you knowingly let it expire.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • MaryTN
FultonFan, you need to be gentle with yourself. God isn't standing behind you with a clipboard ready to pounce when you do something wrong. 

I don't know how much you've looked into finding a confessor and telling him about these scruples, but it's so important that you do. You may also want to talk to him about your family history, past relationship(s), etc, if you have had any that have ever made you feel like you need to walk on eggshells to please them. That very well could be distorting your view of God.

Serious sin is mortal sin, if all the conditions are met. If you're asking if something is a serious sin, you're missing the 'full knowledge' component, so while something may be grave, it isn't mortal. This should give you comfort. The general rule of thumb is, if you have to ask, it isn't mortal. If your brain can latch onto that, it will be very helpful for you.

God bless.
[-] The following 2 users Like In His Love's post:
  • jovan66102, Zedta
Short answer : No.
[-] The following 3 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102, Steven, Zedta
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's. Render unto God, the things that are God's." I don't think much consideration of God's wants is ever considered in the actions of Governments these days, if there ever was any, for that matter.

There are very few things, violations of civil law, that are not Capital Crimes, that are Mortal Sins. Perhaps a Venal Sin, here and there, but God is more concerned with how you treat a fellow human being than how you deal with Governments.

I agree with In His Love, your posts seem to indicate you are way too hard on yourself. Even Jesus needed help with His Cross. Don't be afraid to ask for help with your cross(es), sometimes. :)
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • In His Love
Not a sin at all.  This is what is called a "purely penal law" in moral theology.  The only consequence to you is the possibility that you might get a ticket and have to pay a fine.  See "In Defense of the Penal Law" by Edward T. Dunn, S.J.

https://theologicalstudies.net/1957-all-...-contents/
[-] The following 1 user Likes spasiisochrani's post:
  • Zedta
April fools? At most it's venial if it's because you're just being lazy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes For Petes Sake's post:
  • Zedta