Pre and Post Vatican II Church - both can't be right
(04-03-2019, 12:26 AM)LionHippo Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 10:55 PM)josh987654321 Wrote: How confident are you? taking all bets. ;)

If the Anti Christ is an outsider, how is he capable of deceiving even the elect?

I have full confidence that the next pope will be a Francis II.  Perhaps not that name, but of the same mindset.  I have no doubts about this.

We should ask ourselves, if the antichrist is supposed to providentially be an insider, what kind of God do we worship?  All along we've prayed to a God who would allow the faithful to be led astray from Christ by the very Church He established?  What a bait and switch!

Pope Leo XIII's Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel:
Quote:These most crafty enemies have filled and inebriated with gall and bitterness the Church, the spouse of the immaculate Lamb, and have laid impious hands on her most sacred possessions. In the Holy Place itself, where has been set up the See of the most holy Peter and the Chair of Truth for the light of the world, they have raised the throne of their abominable impiety, with the iniquitous design that when the Pastor has been struck, the sheep may be scattered.

(source: the 1910 The Raccolta or Collection of indulgenced prayers and good works, p. 125)

The Antichrist is supposed to sit in the Temple of God.  It has been speculated that the Antichrist will be an "insider" so to speak, though an imposter and not truly Catholic.  

Bl. Joachim (d. 1202): "Towards the end of the world, Antichrist will overthrow the pope and usurp his see."

The Catholic Encyclopedia article on "Antichrist" points out, St. Bernard (who died in 1153) believed that the Antichrist would be an antipope . St. Bernard's opposed an antipope named Anacletus II and thought he was the Antichrist and the Beast of the Apocalypse.

"His [St. Bernard's] language was vehement, not to say violent: Anacletus is Antichrist; he is the Beast of prophecy…" (James Cotter Morison, The Life and Times of St. Bernard of Clairvaux, pp. 164-165).

"… a passage from St. Bernard, as if in reprobation of the Papacy, to the effect that 'that beast of the Apocalypse, to whom is given a mouth speaking blasphemies, occupies the Chair of Peter, as a lion ready for the prey?' whereas it turns out that St. Bernard is not speaking of the Pope, but of the Antipope…" (The British Critic and Quarterly Theological Review, by James Shergold Boone & John Henry Newman, London, 1840, p. 400).

This makes sense as to how he would be so successful in deceiving even the elect.  He will not be recognized immediately as an Antipope or even at all until the damage has been done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BC's post:
  • josh987654321
I'll pray that you can overcome your inner struggles my friend because it really sounds like those around you are making it hard rather than the faith itself.

This is a function of the current culture in the world rather than the Norvos Ordo. Remember it is your faith and how you choose to follow your faith that makes YOU Catholic don't let those around you influence or drive you away from holy mother church. It's going to take people like you to be an example of the faith and help restore faith and morals in communities.

The drive may be long but it may be worth considering if your parish is really on the level you say it is. It could be your Sunday road trip and have the family pray the rosary on the way over.

I saw what was said to you regarding the lady that said: "we are all cafeteria Catholics here". If you encounter this again I would suggest possibly setting them straight by quoting Ignatius of Antioch:

“It is not that I want merely to be called a Christian, but actually to be one. Yes, if I prove to be one, then I can have the name.”

God Bless
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Zedta