Pre-1955 Holy Week
Anyone know which FSSP (or other) churches are doing this this year?
I would guess most FSSP and ICRSS parishes are using the pre-55. I know my parish, St. Francis de Sales in St. Louis, Mo., is using the pre-55.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
Regarding the FSSP, I would would assume it would be the same parishes as last year, which I believe was limited to only a handful. It had been announced that permission had been granted ad experiméntum, for three years, (i.e., years 2018, 2019, and 2020) to celebrate the pre-1955 Holy Week. Unfortunately, I do not have a listing of those who will be celebrating it. I do know that the FSSP near me does.
(04-04-2019, 03:27 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: Regarding the FSSP, I would would assume it would be the same parishes as last year, which I believe was limited to only a handful.  It had been announced that permission had been granted ad experiméntum, for three years, (i.e., years 2018, 2019, and 2020) to celebrate the pre-1955 Holy Week. Unfortunately, I do not have a listing of those who will be celebrating it.  I do know that the FSSP near me does.

My understanding was, while the whole FSSP was granted the indult through 2020, that the superiors decided only to allow it in certain places for practicality sake, to not disturb the faithful and so if after this period the indult is not renewed, then there will not be loud and wide objections, or wasted money (on the various special items needed).

The ICK has used the pre-1955 books since their founding, as I recall. Whether this has been granted by permission or not, I don't know.

The SSPX uses the 1956 Holy Week because of practicality, since these books were readily available back in 1970. They retain a few of the pre-1955 practices like the knocking on the door during the Palm Sunday procession (which is neither forbidden, nor is it rubrically demanded as the rubrics directing this was simply deleted and the procession allows for vernacular hymns, etc.).

As to which FSSP places use it, check with them. I imagine few here know the whole list.