Baltimore Catechism in the Home (Query)
Hi, everyone.

My wife and I, married seven months now, are expecting our first child (of many, God willing) and intend on homeschooling. I have a question to ask regarding the Balitmore Catechism and its various editions - I figured that as FishEaters was instrumental in my reversion to Catholicism, then the forum would be a good place to ask.

I have a copy of The New Saint Joseph Baltimore Catechism: Official Revised Edition, No. 2., published by Catholic Book Publishing Corp., NJ. Ironically, I picked it up for $16.00 AUD outside my old Novus Ordo parish when I first started returning to the Church several years ago, only because I saw the word 'catechism' blaring out on the front cover. I had no idea of the treasure I had stumbled upon at the time.

My question is this: How does this copy compare to the new four-part edition from TAN Publishing? And what differences exist between the three catechism volumes?

Anyone who has had experience employing TAN's edition of the Baltimore Catechism in the home, or who can otherwise answer these questions, I appreciate your assistance.

Pax.
+ J + M + J +

"In te Domine, speravi."
Volume 1 The 33 lessons contained in Baltimore Catechism No. 1 present the basics of the Catholic faith in a manner suitable for first communicants through fifth graders.

Volume 2 The 37 lessons contained in Baltimore Catechism No. 2 present the fundamentals of the Catholic Faith in a manner suitable for sixth through ninth graders and those preparing for Confirmation.

Volume 3 The 37 lessons contained in Baltimore Catechism No. 3 are intended for students who have received their Confirmation and/or high schoolers. It includes additional questions, definitions, examples, and applications that build upon the content of the original Baltimore Catechism (No. 2).

Volume 4 An Explanation of the Baltimore Catechism can be used as a reference work, or as a teacher's manual for the original Baltimore Catechisms. It is often used as an advanced textbook. Its explanations of many little known questions pertaining to the Catholic Faith are designed to reward the questioning reader.

You can compare them here on the main FE site.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'