Why a 9/11 firefighter became a priest
A short but touching and great story. Where were you on 9/11? I was in a college dorm in Utah watching TV and watched it all play out and couldn't believe it. I almost joined the military that day! One of my friends from high school was only a couple miles away and sent me pictures with commentary it was so scary. I had another good friend at college who's sister was uncharacteristically late for work (she worked in one of the towers) somebody was watching over her that day.

Quote:The story of Tom Colucci.

September 11, 2001, changed Tom Colucci’s life forever. He was a captain in the New York Fire Department.

That day, he saw his men die: dozens of lifeless bodies as the result of murderous madness, and the death of their chaplain, Fr. Mychal Judge, who had been giving Last Rites to a fireman.

Where was God that day?

“I saw the worst of humanity that day, but I also saw the best of humanity that day,” he said.

Tom remembers the hundreds of people—men, women, and even children—who showed up to help in the rescue efforts: “They are the body of Christ! God was definitely with us on that day.”

He decided to become a priest to continue serving and saving people, body and soul.

LINK TO ARTICLE
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 2 users Like SeeTheLight's post:
  • SeekerofChrist, VoxClamantis
Never forget..
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio