Dumbest Anti-Catholic nonsense you've seen
(04-04-2019, 09:15 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Mentioning that I eat morcilla around a prot has gotten me accused of eating blood offered to the baals. So much for Matthew 15 and Acts 10, I suppose.

What about Act 15, the Council of Jerusalem

Quote:[28] For it hath seemed good to the Holy Ghost and to us, to lay no further burden upon you than these necessary things: [29] That you abstain from things sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; from which things keeping yourselves, you shall do well. Fare ye well.

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Jack Chick tracts have to take the cake. Protestants used to be very anti-Catholic, these days it is secularists and atheists who often are. But it doesn't matter, we have to forgive them, love them, pray and work for them to see the error of their ways, and come to Christ and the Church.
Rosary Crusade to end Abortion: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/

"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your Most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/
[-] The following 1 user Likes XavierSem's post:
  • In His Love
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Chick Tracts...these are just silly.

Guess I'd better not look at my Douay-Rheims Bible anymore before it drives me crazy[Image: 70efd99faf6d0c0be65cb7dbb98dc90c.gif]
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
The worst I think I ever heard from 2 Protestants on separate occasions (an Evangelical and a Lutheran pastor) was that Satan sometimes answers prayers to the Blessed Mother, St Anthony, etc in order to lead people away from Christ.
(04-05-2019, 09:55 AM)Eric F Wrote: The worst I think I ever heard from 2 Protestants on separate occasions (an Evangelical and a Lutheran pastor) was that Satan sometimes answers prayers to the Blessed Mother, St Anthony, etc in order to lead people away from Christ.

Where is that in the Bible? ;)
[-] The following 1 user Likes In His Love's post:
  • VoxClamantis
(04-04-2019, 09:34 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 09:15 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Mentioning that I eat morcilla around a prot has gotten me accused of eating blood offered to the baals. So much for Matthew 15 and Acts 10, I suppose.

What about Act 15, the Council of Jerusalem

Quote:[28] For it hath seemed good to the Holy Ghost and to us, to lay no further burden upon you than these necessary things: [29] That you abstain from things sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; from which things keeping yourselves, you shall do well. Fare ye well.

I always figured that a) it was a discipline, if I'm using the right word, that could be changed/amended at a later date, as it wouldn't change a fundamental truth.  Quite a few countries in (formerly) Christian Europe have a long tradition of blood based foods, mostly soups and sausages.  I figure a pope would've stepped in and condemned blutwurst a couple centuries ago if it was a moral issue. And b) any blood in a sausage is fully cooked, so it's probably less bloody than a rare steak (the only proper way to eat one, may I add :D ).
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(04-04-2019, 05:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: The Awful Disclosures of Maria Monk, or, The Hidden Secrets of a Nun’s Life in a Convent Exposed (1836) . When I read it, it was being published in Boer South Africa since the extreme Calvinists there hated the Church, and no one in the US would publish it. It was distributed by the equally Calvinist, anti-Catholic Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America.

I kid you not, a Protestant author actually wrote a book defending Maria Monk's claims and its available on Amazon. What's even more disappointing is that the author is a lawyer.

https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Rape-Torture-Catholic-Nunnery-ebook/dp/B00XQ8E0XG/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=maria+monk&qid=1554574464&s=books&sr=1-2
I agree with Jack Chick being absurd. One that hasn’t yet been mentioned is Most Holy Family Monastery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes In His Love's post:
  • Augustinian
(04-06-2019, 02:28 PM)In His Love Wrote: I agree with Jack Chick being absurd. One that hasn’t yet been mentioned is Most Holy Family Monastery.
Ah yes, the Dimond Bros. I remember being really confused when I came across their YouTube videos as a catechumen. I remember watching one about magicians and being freaked out for a couple days.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • GRA, In His Love
(04-06-2019, 02:16 PM)Echo Wrote: I kid you not, a Protestant author actually wrote a book defending Maria Monk's claims and its available on Amazon. What's even more disappointing is that the author is a lawyer.

How does someone that brain dead get through law school? :huh:
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe