“Watchmen of the Night” : A Documentary About Le Barroux
From the New Liturgical Movement

Here is a really wonderful documentary, narrated in French with English subtitles, about the Abbey of Le Barroux, called “Watchmen of the Night” (“Veilleurs dans la nuit”; this was brought to my attention by our founding editor Shawn Tribe.) It contains several scenes of the community’s liturgical life, including both the Office and Mass, and a good deal of interesting stuff about monastic life in general. There are also some scenes in which monks are interviewed about their vocation, and talk about what they did before entering the monastery; one of them was a member of a biker-gang, another describes himself as a former “hippy”, which is apparently the French word for hippy.

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, XavierSem
Stupendous video! Added to "The Religious Life" page (http://www.fisheaters.com/religiouslife.html)
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 2 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • jovan66102, XavierSem
When time is lacking to pray the office I listen to theirs, they post all the offices every day

https://barroux.org/en/liturgie/listen-t...fices.html
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic
[-] The following 1 user Likes CaptCrunch73's post:
  • VoxClamantis