Update: here are the comments that got me suspended from CAF
(04-09-2019, 09:32 AM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 04:08 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: CAF is really toxic. I don’t see the point in going there, except perhaps to lead people here. They demonstrated to me years ago that they’re not interested in having a constructive conversation about anything.

To my surprise there are a couple really good ones still there, but your right, heaps of very toxic ones also.

If it were not for Francis and the flagrant heretics in the hierarchy of the Church CAF would probably be okay, but they see the hierarchy with rose colored glasses on, only a matter of time before they start making concessions and compromise on the truth if they havn't already in many regards, they certainly suspend and ban people telling the truth about flagrant heretics in the hierarchy of the Church and I suspect they will get worse, hopefully the really good posters there can find their way here. Smile

God Bless You

Pre-Francis CAF still had serious problems. Francis, just as in many other situations, has proven most useful in bringing people’s true colors into the light. I try not to think of CAF much, but here is what I remember: 

The resident “Franciscan” would pontificate on all sorts of things like he was the only one who really knew, and because he was a religious no one was allowed to question him.

The moderators would arbitrarily decide that there had been enough discussion on a topic and shut down threads, even though there was clearly more to be said and the junk threads in the section for people with too much time on their hands would be far longer.

Many people on CAF confused orthodox Catholicism with American conservatism. As conservative as I am, I know that having that political view on areas that aren’t moral matters is not a requirement to being a good Catholic. There are many areas in secular affairs where good Catholics can disagree.

The Eastern Catholics on the forum got quite annoying in constantly reminding everyone how things had been done forever in the East and how they were so much better than the Roman Rite.

Then there was the small but loud group who seemed to regard homosexuality as the one sin the cross didn’t cover. One poster actually said that. Someone I know had their faith severely damaged by that crowd’s behavior, and the moderators let them be, without correction or anything, for years.

I do not miss CAF. Even their better days dont seem so good now, when I really think about them. They definitely got a lot worse after Francis, and I’m sure they’ll eventually fade into irrelevance just like EWTN. Other than having a lot of active members, which gave opportunities for lengthy, fast discussions on the Faith so long as the moderators and trolls didn’t close or wreck the threads, CAF was never much of an asset to me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Credidi Propter's post:
  • jovan66102, St.Eliza
I'd say to anyone thinking of becoming a member at CAF, just do it and then post some reliable links to stories about Francis and Emma Bonino, or Francis concelebrating with Michele De Paolis, or Francis' mentor Esther Ballestrino de Careaga, or Francis' comments about communists being closet Christians, or how he wasn't offended by the communist crucifix he received in Bolivia,or Francis' comments that many couples living togather are in sacramental marriages, or Blase Cupich's comments about practicing homosexuals receiving communion, or the Valentine blessings for homosexual couples in Linz Austria, or a hundred other similar statements that can all be confirmed, then come back here and tell us how it went.
[-] The following 4 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Augustinian, josh987654321, jovan66102, St.Eliza
(04-10-2019, 01:58 PM)Eric F Wrote: I'd say to anyone thinking of becoming a member at CAF, just do it and then post some reliable links to stories about Francis and Emma Bonino, or Francis concelebrating with Michele De Paolis, or Francis' mentor Esther Ballestrino de Careaga, or Francis' comments about communists being closet Christians, or how he wasn't offended by the communist crucifix he received in Bolivia,or Francis' comments that many couples living togather are in sacramental marriages, or Blase Cupich's comments about practicing homosexuals receiving communion, or the Valentine blessings for homosexual couples in Linz Austria, or a hundred other similar statements that can all be confirmed, then come back here and tell us how it went.
But that wouldn't be very pastoral...
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Therefore do I weep, and my eyes run down with water: because the comforter, the relief of my soul, is far from me: my children are desolate because the enemy hath prevailed.' - Lamentations 1:16

[Image: LaSaletteTears.jpg]
Never been on CAF, have listened to Catholic Answers Live thought. 

Bunch of smarmy twerps. 

Mother Angelica had the Grace. What sold me on her was a call she got from a Black Southern girl. I don't remember the context of the call or the answer, only the way Mother Angelica handled it. 

It was angelic. 

When the girl asked her question Mother Angelica only hesitated a half a moment then answered in probably only 20 words, but those words were like they were from heaven. They were exactly the right words with exactly the right demeanor everything exactly correct. Everything. That women, Mother Angelica, going into a coma when she did and dying when she did should sent some kind of message to EWTN to knock it off. 

Straighten up & fly right y'all.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Blind Horus's post:
  • SeeTheLight, St.Eliza
Catholic Answer, make a not Catholic belief more wide-spread.
(04-08-2019, 10:21 PM)LionHippo Wrote: #3.  (in reference to a post by CAF user "heresyhunter18"):  "Best CAF screen name I've seen."

You mean this user? 

https://forums.catholic.com/u/heretichunter019/summary 

That was me.  Big Grin

(Sorry to resurrect an inactive thread. I just did a search for "CAF" on the forum and found this. Wink)
[-] The following 4 users Like Spes_nostra's post:
  • Augustinian, josh987654321, jovan66102, LionHippo
(07-08-2019, 06:49 PM)Spes_nostra Wrote: You mean this user? 

That was me.  Big Grin

lol, Wow a whole month! well done. Big Grin
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • LionHippo, Spes_nostra
(07-08-2019, 06:49 PM)Spes_nostra Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 10:21 PM)LionHippo Wrote: #3.  (in reference to a post by CAF user "heresyhunter18"):  "Best CAF screen name I've seen."

You mean this user? 

That was me.  Big Grin

(Sorry to resurrect an inactive thread. I just did a search for "CAF" on the forum and found this. Wink)

That's great!  I'm actually surprised that the system allowed you to have that screen name in the first place.

One thing that stinks about being banned is that I never got to incorporate some special words and phrases I had always wanted to use, like:  Guitar Mass Catholics, DisneyChurch, the bishops were crying so much their mascara was running, EMHC hen fest, Francis and his holy migrants, RainbowChurch, these hymns sound like they were written at a gay summer camp, etc.  Oh well.
[-] The following 4 users Like LionHippo's post:
  • josh987654321, jovan66102, Spes_nostra, St.Eliza
(07-08-2019, 10:33 PM)LionHippo Wrote: One thing that stinks about being banned is that I never got to incorporate some special words and phrases I had always wanted to use, like:  Guitar Mass Catholics, DisneyChurch, the bishops were crying so much their mascara was running, EMHC hen fest, Francis and his holy migrants, RainbowChurch, these hymns sound like they were written at a gay summer camp, etc.  Oh well.

Those lines rock!  You should set up a whole new persona over at CAF and see how many you can cram into your posts before getting banned!!!   Big Grin
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fontevrault's post:
  • St.Eliza
(07-08-2019, 09:38 PM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 06:49 PM)Spes_nostra Wrote: You mean this user? 

That was me.  Big Grin

lol, Wow a whole month! well done. Big Grin

I survived another month with this one: https://forums.catholic.com/u/tatiana97/summary

Until I was suspended for criticising pink hair...  Dodgy