Sinful to Send Husband Suggestive Texts?
Is it sinful to send your spouse suggestive texts or pictures?

My husband thinks so.

I could see the potential problem of objectification and lust, but I think most husbands would appreciate their wife being a little flirty to keep the spark alive. I mean, are Catholics literally just supposed to be totally cold unless they're in the bedroom and making a baby!? LOL I'm being sarcastic here but I think I'm getting my point across.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
If your husband doesn't want you to do this, then don't.
Some people like this stuff, some don't.  If he feels it is sinful, then, for him, it is.
Also remember, anything you do electronically is not private.
Marriage is a give and take.
In itself, it's not sinful, but could be pretty dangerous.

If you're allowed to do something without sin, then certainly you're allowed to think about doing that thing without sin. So for a married couple to dwell on sexual thoughts (about licit actions) is not itself sinful.

Given that it might easily lead a man or woman to other sins or thoughts, it is probably not a good idea when the actions which one suggests are not able to be done right there and then or soon. Imagine if you sent your husband a provocative picture at noon when he was under a great deal of stress at work. He can't fulfill the urge you create properly and is so stressed he decides he needs some relief, and masturbates. He's sinned and you're guilty of having caused him to sin.

Add to this that anything you send or put on a device is no longer private.

Add to this it is at least somewhat disordered.

All of that together : it may not be a sin in itself, but it's a really bad idea.

You've created a false dichotomy, however. It's not full on lust-fest vs cold vanilla bedroom stuff. There's a good, and Catholic medium, which is virtuous.
I'd probably keep away from the pictures at the very least. Easy to fall into the wrong hands and easy for him to get hot and bothered when he can't do anything about it. 

Texts can vary and maybe you can keep the texts flirty  and playful without being overly sexual. If he's worried about chastity issues and it's something important to you, work out a compromise.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
So you're married now? Oh wow, what else have I missed?! Congrats and best wishes!!!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
My two cents are this: If you are doing it to keep your husband happy and he doesn't like it I would think it would be best to stop. Also I dont think it is sinful if it is just between the two of you except NOTHING that is done electronically is private anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eddo36's post:
  • In His Love
(04-10-2019, 07:38 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Is it sinful to send your spouse suggestive texts or pictures?

My husband thinks so.

I could see the potential problem of objectification and lust, but I think most husbands would appreciate their wife being a little flirty to keep the spark alive. I mean, are Catholics literally just supposed to be totally cold unless they're in the bedroom and making a baby!? LOL I'm being sarcastic here but I think I'm getting my point across.

Congratulations on your marriage, and you shouldn’t have any worries about “keeping the spark alive” for at least another year or two!  :cheers:
(04-10-2019, 08:26 PM)MaryTN Wrote: If your husband doesn't want you to do this, then don't.
Some people like this stuff, some don't.  If he feels it is sinful, then, for him, it is.
Also remember, anything you do electronically is not private.
Marriage is a give and take.
Hello MaryTN, what kind of person would read a text not addressed to them? 

Congrats Mrs. SacraCor714
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(04-12-2019, 11:06 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Hello MaryTN, what kind of person would read a text not addressed to them? 

Congrats Mrs. SacraCor714

If Amazon listens to people via Alexa and Echo, the history of wiretapping, and toss in how at least 2 elected officials consider the Knights of Columbus an extremist group, I'd be nervous as to what other corporations or "entities" are listening to my conversations.

And yes, congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. SacraCor714. :D
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • SeeTheLight
Thank you all for the good advice and warm wishes  :heart:
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.