Asking Prayers
I am in a pretty bad way. Spiritually, I am apathetic. 

I haven't been to confession in several weeks and am lapsing back into old habits. 

I haven't lost faith, I still believe the Faith. But I don't want to confess. I know I need to but I am afraid that I am going to go fall back into scrupulosity (and I was about to lose my mind everyday and it kept getting worse and worse).

All I ask is someone to remember me in their prayers. I need grace. I'd appreciate it.
"Nowadays there are even men who cut their hair to free themselves of the weight of it and they also shave their cheeks. Clearly such men have become slaves of luxurious living and are completely enervated, men who can endure being seen as womanish creatures, hermaphrodites, something which real men would avoid at all costs. How could hair be a burden to men? Unless, of course, one should say that feathers are a burden to birds also." M. Rufus
[-] The following 5 users Like Alphonse il Segundo's post:
  • Augustinian, dahveed, jovan66102, SeeTheLight, XavierSem
(04-12-2019, 08:05 PM)Alphonse il Segundo Wrote: I am in a pretty bad way. Spiritually, I am apathetic. 

I haven't been to confession in several weeks and am lapsing back into old habits. 

I haven't lost faith, I still believe the Faith. But I don't want to confess. I know I need to but I am afraid that I am going to go fall back into scrupulosity (and I was about to lose my mind everyday and it kept getting worse and worse).

All I ask is someone to remember me in their prayers. I need grace. I'd appreciate it.

The ordinary means of grace are prayer and the Sacraments. If you are afraid of scrupulously, please remember that growth in holiness is ultimately a work God does in you, not something you earn by making sure all the boxes of life are checked. You are called to be a soldier of Christ, and he needs you to be fit for battle. Scrupulously is something you can work on, but avoiding the sacraments will not help. God’s love and mercy are stronger than your sins and imperfections, and He wants to draw closer to you. You just have to let Him in. Please go to confession as soon as possible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Credidi Propter's post:
  • XavierSem
Al-Anon has a saying:  Let Go and Let God.
It means that there are things in our life that we are not in control of, and the more we try to control those things, the worse we get.  As has already been said, faith and salvation is not a matter of checking more and more of the right boxes.  It is handing your salvation to Jesus, working with Him in that process, but ultimately, Jesus is in control.  Let Go and Let God.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaryTN's post:
  • XavierSem
I'm going to add you to my regular prayer and Rosary intentions.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 2 users Like dahveed's post:
  • Alphonse il Segundo, XavierSem
Pray Pray Pray Turn yourself in...to God.  The priest in the box has heard it all.  Mine said it was fine to bring up past sins that had already been forgiven, even if I wasn't sure, just not to do it if there's a long line waiting - out of courtesy.  You sound like you have a firm purpose of amendment, so it is worth disclosing all your thoughts on the matter to the priest.  In the meantime, my prayers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ambrosiano's post:
  • XavierSem
Dear Alphonse, I will pray for you. Please say the Rosary every day. The Rosary will give you love for the Sacraments, per one of its promises. Confession is a great grace that God gives us in His Church. Secular people shell out thousands and thousands of dollars to go meet psychiatrists and others who will never be as helpful as one good confession and guidance from our Confessor. Please go, dear friend. God will absolve you through His Priest, bless you and give you the grace to sin no more, as you continually lean on Him in prayer. But go without delay. The Sacrament of Confession is very important and indispensable, and the best means of being protected against future falls into sin. Make the act of contrition often, strive to love God with your whole heart, meditate on the pains of hell, the promise of Heaven with its abundant rewards etc.

God bless.
TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING: My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with your most precious Blood and your sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the intention of your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the sufferings of my entire life for ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/