Stations Of The Cross And Abuses
The Way of the Cross has a plenary indulgence. The Traditional Way is the best way to say it. St. Alphonsus' meditations on the Way here: https://www.ecatholic2000.com/liguori/st...ross.shtml

"The object of the Stations is to help the faithful to make in spirit, as it were, a pilgrimage to the chief scenes of Christ’s sufferings and death ...Inasmuch as the Way of the Cross, made in this way, constitutes a miniature pilgrimage to the holy places at Jerusalem, the origin of the devotion may be traced to the Holy Land ... Tradition asserts that the Blessed Virgin used to visit daily the scenes of Christ’s Passion and St. Jerome speaks of the crowds of pilgrims from all countries who used to visit the holy places in his day."

Silly Protestants and their Anti-Marian nonsense. And even sillier liberal secularists with their social justice nonsense. Let us stick to the Traditional Stations, and Traditional Meditations, and remember the Sorrows of the Blessed Mother when Her Son walked the Way of the Cross for the first time. And His own great Sufferings. The Blessed Mother, as Tradition hands down, made the Way of the Cross often.

[color=#0d1c21][size=small][font=Georgia,]"A Plenary indulgence is granted to the faithful who make the pious exercise of the Way of the Cross. Those who are impeded can gain the same indulgence if they spend at least one half an hour in pious reading and meditation on the Passion and Death of our Lord Jesus Christ." [color=#0d1c21][size=small][font=Georgia,](Enchiridion Indulgentiarum, no. 63). Several other promises the Lord has made on the Way of the Cross here, https://stationsofthecross1.weebly.com/p...cross.html Our Lord tasted death for our sake at 3:00 p.m in the afternoon after 3 hours on the Cross. His Way must have been around 11:00 a.m. 3 pm is a good time to make the Stations Edit: Also - http://www.thepoweroftherosary.com/the-stationers.html
Rosary Crusade to end Abortion: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/

"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your Most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/
[-] The following 2 users Like XavierSem's post:
  • Eric F, SeeTheLight
(04-15-2019, 08:10 AM)XavierSem Wrote: The Way of the Cross has a plenary indulgence. The Traditional Way is the best way to say it. St. Alphonsus' meditations on the Way here: https://www.ecatholic2000.com/liguori/st...ross.shtml

https://fisheaters.com/stations.html
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • XavierSem
(04-15-2019, 12:33 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 08:10 AM)XavierSem Wrote: The Way of the Cross has a plenary indulgence. The Traditional Way is the best way to say it. St. Alphonsus' meditations on the Way here: https://www.ecatholic2000.com/liguori/st...ross.shtml

Thanks Vox!
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • XavierSem
Adding a station for the resurrection seems superfluous, since many of the traditional sets of prayers focus on the resurrection on the 14th station anyway:

For example, St. Alphonsus':

Quote:Oh, my buried Jesus, I kiss the stone that encloses Thee. But Thou didst rise again the third day. I beseech Thee, by Thy resurrection, make me rise glorious with Thee at the last day, to be always united with Thee in heaven, to praise Thee and love Thee forever. I love Thee, etc.
[Image: catherinesiena-1.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SaintSebastian's post:
  • XavierSem
(04-13-2019, 06:36 PM)Eric F Wrote: Along with the Social Justice Stations, we now also, thanks to JPII, have the Scriptural Stations, which should be considered downright offensive by all Catholics. When the 4th station " Jesus meets his mother" has to be replaced in order to try and appease Protestants, that pretty much sums it up.

To be fair, while JPII's Scriptural version does not include the meeting with His Mother, it does instead include the words from the Cross to His Mother and St. John, which are much more integral to our doctrine on Mary contra the Protestants'.

Historically, it seems there were various versions until relatively recently when they were fixed by authority (some more like the scriptural stations).  For better or worse, there is a logic to the idea that if the Church in the past could come up with different versions, so can the same Church today...that being said, I think stability has a value that is too often overlooked these days.
[Image: catherinesiena-1.jpg]
(04-15-2019, 12:33 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:

Vox, you might also include the Way of St Francis: http://www.appleseeds.org/Fran_Way-of-Cross.htm
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • XavierSem
Here's a great take on the ridiculous social justice stations of the cross, from the parody Facebook page "Heather from the Archdiocesan Office of Marriage and Family Life."

https://www.facebook.com/heathercenteroffamilylife/photos/a.577155096136532/587304518454923/?type=3&theater

Dear friends in the Kingdom of Light! We ask you all to join with us in solidarity and pray the Social Justice Stations of the Cross, which were just approved by Papa Francis Himself and blessed by none other than our beloved Fr. Jim RainbowStole! So get your yoga mats, light your incense sticks, and let the spirit of the pre-Easter season enlighten your mind!

1. Jesus is Condemned to Death. We pray for all persons who are forced to use bathrooms that do not accommodate their desired gender.

2. Jesus Accepts His Cross. We pray for all the innocent animals in our world who live with a constant dread of being slaughtered for meat.

3. Jesus Falls the First Time. We pray for all the women who have tried and failed to break the glass ceiling.

4. Jesus Meets His Mother. We pray for all women who are forced to stay home, cook and clean, and care for their children instead of seeking a fulfilling career in the real world.

5. Simon Helps Jesus Carry the Cross. We pray for a universal basic income for all laborers and those unwilling to work.

6. Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus. We pray for all the oppressed female workers in Chinese factories that made our Lulu Lemon yoga pants.

7. Jesus Falls a Second Time. We pray for all those persons who cannot afford gender reassignment surgery and hormone therapy.

8. Jesus Speaks to the Women of Jerusalem. We pray that all vegans will be respected for the joy and diversity they bring our culture.

9. Jesus Falls a Third Time. We pray for the restoration of all forests demolished by greedy capitalists trying to make a buck selling toilet paper.

10. Jesus is Stripped of His Garments. We pray for a greater respect of the Muslim burqa worldwide.

11. Jesus is Nailed to the Cross. We pray to be forgiven for expressing our white privilege.

12. Jesus Dies on the Cross. We pray for all the migrants who are denied access to free healthcare, free vehicles, and free gym memberships.

13. Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross. We pray for a greater awareness of our carbon footprint.

14. Jesus is a Laid in the Tomb. We pray that all gluten free persons will be accepted by our society.

15. HE IS RISEN!!!! ALLELUIA!!! Go have a Cadbury egg!!!
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 2 users Like SacraCor714's post:
  • Jeeter, jovan66102
(04-16-2019, 10:49 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Here's a great take on the ridiculous social justice stations of the cross, from the parody Facebook page "Heather from the Archdiocesan Office of Marriage and Family Life."

https://www.facebook.com/heathercenteroffamilylife/photos/a.577155096136532/587304518454923/?type=3&theater

Dear friends in the Kingdom of Light! We ask you all to join with us in solidarity and pray the Social Justice Stations of the Cross, which were just approved by Papa Francis Himself and blessed by none other than our beloved Fr. Jim RainbowStole! So get your yoga mats, light your incense sticks, and let the spirit of the pre-Easter season enlighten your mind!

1. Jesus is Condemned to Death. We pray for all persons who are forced to use bathrooms that do not accommodate their desired gender.

2. Jesus Accepts His Cross. We pray for all the innocent animals in our world who live with a constant dread of being slaughtered for meat.

3. Jesus Falls the First Time. We pray for all the women who have tried and failed to break the glass ceiling.

4. Jesus Meets His Mother. We pray for all women who are forced to stay home, cook and clean, and care for their children instead of seeking a fulfilling career in the real world.

5. Simon Helps Jesus Carry the Cross. We pray for a universal basic income for all laborers and those unwilling to work.

6. Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus. We pray for all the oppressed female workers in Chinese factories that made our Lulu Lemon yoga pants.

7. Jesus Falls a Second Time. We pray for all those persons who cannot afford gender reassignment surgery and hormone therapy.

8. Jesus Speaks to the Women of Jerusalem. We pray that all vegans will be respected for the joy and diversity they bring our culture.

9. Jesus Falls a Third Time. We pray for the restoration of all forests demolished by greedy capitalists trying to make a buck selling toilet paper.

10. Jesus is Stripped of His Garments. We pray for a greater respect of the Muslim burqa worldwide.

11. Jesus is Nailed to the Cross. We pray to be forgiven for expressing our white privilege.

12. Jesus Dies on the Cross. We pray for all the migrants who are denied access to free healthcare, free vehicles, and free gym memberships.

13. Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross. We pray for a greater awareness of our carbon footprint.

14. Jesus is a Laid in the Tomb. We pray that all gluten free persons will be accepted by our society.

LOL! :D :D

Although on a socially relevant note, aren't multiple females, biological or otherwise, referred to as "womyn?" :P
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(04-16-2019, 10:49 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Here's a great take on the ridiculous social justice stations of the cross, from the parody Facebook page "Heather from the Archdiocesan Office of Marriage and Family Life."

Looking like this is a joke I misread.

God Bless
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
Yes, that is satire. Although I have seen some SJW stations that aren't far from it.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.