Confusing New Michael Voris Video
Smile 
So Michael Voris released a pro-Feeney video and now I’m confused. Doesn’t Feeneyism reject Baptism of Blood and Baptism of Desire? I thought that was heretical. Can someone clarify this for me, please? 

As far as I’ve been able to research, Feeny was never brought up on heresy for his EENS stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes HeadRusch's post:
  • jovan66102
(04-16-2019, 07:37 PM)HeadRusch Wrote: As far as I’ve been able to research, Feeny was never brought up on heresy for his EENS stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The heretical accusation and excommunications are addressed beginning at 3:38 of that video. Not sure if that answers your questions.
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex
Here is Part Two. Please listen to these Consecrated Men and Women Religious, deeply in love with God, with Jesus and Mary, the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, explain in their own words their love for the Catholic Faith and desire to see America and the world Catholic.

Some people are trying to persecute them today. And Michael Voris is trying to bring attention to it. God bless him for doing that. Please see the video before judging, dear friends. I think it is plain these are good, faithful Catholic men and women who just love God and want to save souls for Him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...HiZoTkbhG8

I think people are scared of "Feeneyism" because they associate it with the Dimon brothers, who are sedevacantists and "everybody except our church of 2 is condemned" types. The SBC is very clearly not like that. Let's allow St. Benedict's Centre to explain their position, which the Magisterium has declared ok, and which appears in St. Augustine: they believe that a person justified by Baptism of Desire will also receive water Baptism. That's all. They don't deny someone dying in grace will be saved.

"Perish the thought that a person Predestined to Eternal Life could be allowed to end this life without the Sacrament of the Mediator. (Saint Augustine) ...  Saint Augustine taught, as is clear from this article’s epigram, that the providence of God would see to it that a justified catechumen would be baptized before death. God alone, in any event, knows which of those, with a votum for baptism and perfect contrition, He has justified. The Church can only assume, as the arm of Christ, the Principal Agent in baptism, that all are in need of receiving the sacramentin order to not only have all sin forgiven and abolished, but to be a member of the Church, the Body of Christ.

Anticipating the rejoinder that no one is lost who dies in the state of grace, let me just affirm that I agree. Not only that I agree, but that I submit to this truth as I would a dogma of Faith. The Church, however, allows the faithful the freedom to believe that the Providence of God will see to it that every person dying in the state of grace will also be baptized. This preserves the literal sense of Christ’s teaching in John 3:5: “Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God” and His apostolic mandate to preach and baptize all nations in Mark 16: 15-16."
https://catholicism.org/baptism-of-desir...stine.html

Also, please note modern churchmen are totally twisting the teaching of Baptism of Desire to promise salvation even to atheists. Both Cardinal Dulles and Bishop Barron do that. That's not what St. Thomas or St. Alphonsus taught as Baptism of Desire. Not at all. St. Augustine, St. Athanasius (Athanasian Creed), St. Thomas, St. Alphonsus (cites St. Thomas in "refutation of all heresies") all agreed that a non-Christian of good will, who is sincerely seeking the Truth, will be brought by God to explicit faith in Christ, to save his soul.

Hope that clears it up. Baptism of Desire is certainly a Catholic doctrine. The explicit-implicit faith in Christ is another unrelated issue. And never did the Church ever tell atheists they could be saved as atheists, but Barron and Dulles, going even further than Rahner's "salvation for anonymous Christians theory", tell atheists no need to convert. The Church teaches and taught all the have to convert to be saved. Sometimes, conversion may happen only in the hour of death, and only known to God - we don't judge that - but it has to happen. That teaching is stated in a 19th century catechism approved by Rome's Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith. 

"God, in His infinite mercy, may enlighten, at the hour of death, one who is not yet a Catholic, so that he may see the truth of the Catholic faith, be truly sorry for his sins, and sincerely desire to die a good Catholic ... A. We say of them that they die united, at least, to the soul of the Catholic Church, and are saved." http://www.catholicapologetics.info/thec...htm#P1Lxii Please note what Fr. Mueller says. He says that we must die as Catholics to go to Heaven. He doesn't say, as sadly many modern churchmen do, atheists can go to heaven.
TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING: My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with your most precious Blood and your sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the intention of your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the sufferings of my entire life for ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/
Also, Fr. Feeney died in full communion with the Church, after receiving Extreme Unction. He only had to profess the Athanasian Creed. That Creed tells us, just like Fr. Mueller did in the Catechism above, that we must embrace the Catholic Faith before death to go to Heaven.

But here is a recent remnant article on how Catholics used to preach EENS, from a woman who is herself a Protestant convert, converted thanks to her Catholic friends. https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.p...olics-gone

"My friends knew all sorts of things about Heaven. It was amazing. It was like they shared some secret knowledge. There was no doubt in their minds that Heaven was a place, and they talked about it as if they had been there. I clamored to know more.

They looked at each other, shook their heads, then looked sadly at me.

“But you can’t go to Heaven,” they said.

“Why not?”

“’Cause you’re not Catholic.”

“What do I have to do to be Catholic?”

“You have to go to Catechism.”

Those words struck my heart like an arrow. Even though I was not able to actually “go to Catechism” until I was a sophomore in college, I made up my mind right then. I would be Catholic. A real one, not just one saying the Nicene Creed in the whitewashed Episcopal Church, wondering how I could believe in the One Holy Catholic Church and not be in it.

Those nine-year-old girls possessed the Truth, and they didn’t hesitate to let me know it. They told me what was necessary for salvation because I was their friend. They didn’t dilute the doctrine. I didn’t need to know about the exceptions. I just needed to be Catholic.

Please spare me the nuances. They exist, I understand that. There can be people in Heaven that we didn’t think would be there. That’s good. I have no idea how the Lord goes about rescuing people at the last minute who didn’t enter the Church during their life. I don’t pretend to know how grace burns the unbelief from their minds before their souls depart this world, but I don’t have to know those extraordinary things. That’s God’s business.

All I know is that every human being on this earth needs to be rescued from Hell. Our Lord died to secure a place for us in Heaven. He founded a Church, the One True Church which is necessary for the salvation of souls.

If that’s not true, then everything we’re doing is a waste of time. Why should we fight so hard? Why should we hold so closely to tradition? Why should we struggle to stand against the flood of immorality and despair that engulfs the world? What does it matter? What’s the point? If there is salvation outside the Catholic Church, then we don’t have to do anything. Just jump right back in the Sea of Unknowing.

For myself, I’d rather be like my old friends, those valiant girls who first told me what I had to do to save my soul."
TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING: My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with your most precious Blood and your sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the intention of your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the sufferings of my entire life for ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/
You can read the SBC's Statement of Doctrinal Beliefs, issued on Sunday, here. I see in it nothing but solid, orthodox Catholicism.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

You might want to watch Voris's video from this morning if you think he is a  'Feeneyite', as most people understand the term.

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • In His Love
Solid video. Thanks, Jovan.
Rejecting baptism of blood at least seems difficult. Liturgy can't have theological error, and even in the pre-Vatican II Martyrology there are listed saints who where catechumens but had baptism of blood. Personally I doubt baptism of desire is a real thing in the sense that some pagan could somehow become Catholic in the Amazon by chance, but baptism of blood seems like it's part of the faith.
(04-18-2019, 03:50 AM)GoodKingWenceslas Wrote: Rejecting baptism of blood at least seems difficult. Liturgy can't have theological error, and even in the pre-Vatican II Martyrology there are listed saints who where catechumens but had baptism of blood. Personally I doubt baptism of desire is a real thing in the sense that some pagan could somehow become Catholic in the Amazon by chance, but baptism of blood seems like it's part of the faith.

As for your first point, yes. Saint Emerentiana was one such saint who received the Baptism of Blood. As for Baptism of Desire, I believe it requires an act of perfect charity, united with the desire for Catholic Baptism. It's likely applied to a small number of cases, if I had to guess, like a particularly holy person in Nigeria who is killed by Boko Haram or something similar.