Good Friday for kids
Question for families with little ones 5 and under: how do you celebrate Good Friday with them? Specifically, how do you keep the appropriate somber mood with a little one, while keeping them entertained? We try to explain to the young'uns that Jesus died today, so we should be quiet, and we'll read their Children's Bible to them, maybe watch "My Time With Jesus" reruns. Plus it seems to help that they pick up on our overall tone during the day (somber, prayer).

Just wondering what others do.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
I'm open to ideas. I have a toddler and a 8 month old, and this is my first good Friday as a Catholic. I guess I'm going to find some Bible cartoons to watch with them, I don't know about keeping them quiet though lol.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
(04-19-2019, 08:22 AM)Augustinian Wrote: I'm open to ideas. I have a toddler and a 8 month old, and this is my first good Friday as a Catholic. I guess I'm going to find some Bible cartoons to watch with them, I don't know about keeping them quiet though lol.

We gave up on quiet with the first two, who're now 17 and 14. The last two, especially the girl, were easy to keep calm and quiet. Partially because they were more mellow, and partially because they seemed to follow their older siblings' lead.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • Augustinian