Maundy Thursday - No Washing of Feet?
I went to my FSSP parish last night for Maundy Thursday mass. I saw in my 1962 missal the washing of feet. But there was none. It was my first TLM mass for holy week so I'm not sure if this is out of the ordinary or not. Can someone help me?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Did they do it after Mass?  I believe they are using the earlier version of Holy Week.  Perhaps at that time it wasn't done during the actually Mass.   Does anyone know if I am on the right track?
Cor Immaculatum Mariae, ora pro nobis. (Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.)
Sancte Pie Quinte, ora pro nobis.(St. Pius V, pray for us.)
Sancte Pie Decime, ora pro nobis.(St. Pius X, pray for us.)
Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (No salvation outside the Church)
“Catholics who remain faithful to Tradition, even if they are reduced to a handful, are the true Church of Jesus Christ.”  St. Athanasius
As mentioned, are you sure they were following the 1962 missal or observing the pre-1955?

I too went to a FSSP mass last night, it was celebrated pre-1955, and there was no washing of the feet.  All throughout Holy Week, we have been given substitute daily missals printed by the FSSP, presumably because what they are doing is not exactly the same as the 1962 missals.  In fact, comparing the missals we were given with the 1962 missals, there are some noticeable differences.  The missal we were given last night made no mention of washing of the feet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • richardmcshane3
(04-19-2019, 12:22 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: As mentioned, are you sure they were following the 1962 missal or observing the pre-1955?

I too went to a FSSP mass last night, it was celebrated pre-1955, and there was no washing of the feet.  All throughout Holy Week, we have been given substitute daily missals printed by the FSSP, presumably because what they are doing is not exactly the same as the 1962 missals.  In fact, comparing the missals we were given with the 1962 missals, there are some noticeable differences.  The missal we were given last night made no mention of washing of the feet.

Our Ordinariate parish did a washing of feet, but our priest made two points I have questions about:  he emphasized in Scripture that only men were to get their feet washed, since only men were his disciples.  He also said the kissing of feet was a big no-no as well.
“The Catholic Church is the only thing which saves a man from the degrading slavery of being a child of his age” - GK Chesterton

[-] The following 1 user Likes Roamin's post:
  • jovan66102
They gave out this. Pre-55. Nice![Image: 6534705bdbfe1506b29c4862a350596a.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk