Twice-Smoked Brown Sugar Honey Glazed Ham
Last January, we were delivered half-a-hog which Mrs. Bonaventure won in a raffle.  Part of that haul included two ~8# smoked ham roasts. Decided to cook one up for Easter.

Start out with already smoked bone-in-ham.

[Image: IMG_4680.jpg?dl=0]  

I placed the ham cut-side down on a cutting board, and made several horizontal slices throughout to increase smoke penetration.

[Image: IMG_4681.jpg?dl=0] 

I then set it cut-side down on a smoker between ~225 - 300F.  Once the internal temp reached ~100F (after about 2.5 hours), I placed the ham in a pyrex dish along with about two or three cups of chicken broth.  I then topped it with sliced pineapple.  Also, in a separate pyrex dish, I added new baby potatoes covered in extra virgin olive oil with salt/pepper (in this case the pepper was Chilean merken).  

[Image: IMG_4682.jpg?dl=0]

However, after about 30 minutes, I was worried that I may be drying out the ham too much, so I removed the pineapple, put it into the same dish as the potatoes, and covered the ham with aluminum foil.

[Image: IMG_4684.jpg?dl=0]

Once the ham reached about 130F, I started the Brown Sugar Honey glaze with the following ingredients:
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 Tablespoon BBQ sauce
Bring this to a boil.

[Image: IMG_4683.jpg?dl=0]

This is the ham once it has reached 140F.  Remove from dish and save juices for gravy to be used with potatoes.

[Image: IMG_4685.jpg?dl=0]

Take the Brown Sugar Honey glaze, and cover the ham with it.  Then, place ham in oven.

[Image: IMG_4686.jpg?dl=0]

Broil for ~3 minutes.  Take out and prepare for slicing.

[Image: IMG_4687.jpg?dl=0]

Smash potatoes and bring gravy to a boil.  

Serve.

[Image: IMG_4688.jpg?dl=0]

Tasty!
[-] The following 3 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • In His Love, jovan66102, redneckpride4ever
I'm having dinner at your house next Easter.

Right?
I think several of us plan to be in town next year.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaryTN's post:
  • redneckpride4ever
My wife is a vegetarian. Can I come? :LOL:
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • redneckpride4ever
Impressive!  I was having problems with grilling my spatchcocked chicken, but it finally succumbed, a bit drier than I'd like.
That looks delicious!  Mind if I stop by for leftovers?  I'll bring beer and dessert.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
I will be expecting my share of the leftovers in the mail soon, thank you.  ;)
I just had some leftovers for lunch... ham sandwiches.  Wow!  I can't believe how good this ham turned out.  In the past, I've cured and smoked ham before, but those were pork loins.  This is my first attempt at smoking a (already cured/smoked) bone-in-ham.  Happy I've got another one still sitting in the freezer!  Also, forgot to mention that I used a combination of oak and cherry wood in the firebox.  This was actually quite easy as I wasn't too worried about the chamber temp... just kept it between 225-350F, depending on how good the wood was burning.

However, it's been far too long since I've slow-smoked some pulled pork with pork shoulder butts.  Minimum 12 hours, and that's if I crutch it.  But boy, is it good.  I'll even throw a pan full of beans and what have you underneath the shoulder to cook and collect the drippings.  Man... my mouth is watering just thinking about it!