Family pet is dying
Please pray for Bandit, my mom, and myself...this is really hard for us. Our dog is 14 and his spinal cord is causing problems for his back legs and he has a growth in his stomach that's pressing on his bladder. He isn't in pain, thank goodness, and I'm grateful for his long and happy life. The vet gave my mom some medicine to give him. He has 3 or 4 days to a week, according to the vet. I'm guessing that he will pass peacefully at home. I'm profoundly saddened by this. I've known this dog for half of my life and he's very important to us.

Any advice on how to process this would be helpful. I've experienced pet deaths before, but nothing like this. 

Thank you. God bless you.
Sorry to hear about that.  Last November, one of our Dobermans took a turn for the worst.  Though less than 8 years old, was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect.  After the diagnosis, he lasted less than a fortnight.  We had to bring him in one cold, dark and early morning to put him down.  It was really hard and left a hole in our household.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • In His Love
Prayers for you canine friend
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eddo36's post:
  • In His Love
Pray Heart
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • In His Love
My mom texted me and said that Bandit passed away and is at peace now. Thank you for your prayers.