Vox's recent tweet.
If anyone wants any of the files from the FishEaters website, might want to think about downloading them now. I think I might be done.

1:13 AM - 26 Apr 2019

What's up Vox, is it the money? Just wondering if there's a way to help.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 5 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Augustinian, CaptCrunch73, In His Love, SeeTheLight, Via Purifico
Yeah, what's going on?
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
I PMed her to ask her what was going on. I haven't received a response yet.
Oh know what's wrong?
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
You know the punchline, "What am I, chopped liver?" Well, if FishEaters were to ask that question, the answer'd be yes. FE is the chopped liver of the Catholic world, the Rodney Dangerfield of apostolates. The kewl-kids at CatholicCulture.org dealt the site a death blow with their calumny years ago*, the Catholic Answers forum Tradition-haters picked up on it and spread it around, and FE's been on life support ever since -- little support, few links, few mentions, material stolen without credit, and a few kicks to the head along the way. Just thinking maybe it's time to pull the plug. I don't know. It bums me out to think about that, but it bums me out to not think about that, too, given that the situation never gets better -- or if it does, it's a step forward and three back every time. Maybe I'm just depressed and frustrated, an old, sick, broke, and broke-down Grandma-woman who's past her sell-by date but has to stay alive to feed the gorillion stray orphan kitties who hang out on my porch because they made a sucker out of me:

[Image: orphankitties.png]
1) Grumpalumpagus, 2) Lurlene, 3) Gutterball, 4) Striker
The owl statue has nothing to do with Bohemian Grove sorts of things, I assure you 

Really, the only thing I want is to have enough to live on (and to bury myself with when the time comes) and to know that I'm not wasting my time, that my work is *doing* something. I have emails and kind notes that tell me it is, and the place gets traffic, but all the other indicators that let a web person know they're doing something right tell me otherwise.

-- OK, I am seeing a lot of very kind comments on my Twitter feed right now. That's very nice to see. Makes me feel good. But this is what makes me feel bad: two things yesterday got me in this mood. First, a priest tweeted this, my emphasis:

Quote:Help fill this in for me:

"You became Catholic on Saturday.  I would offer the following advice to keep connected and keep growing in your Catholic Faith __________________" (beyond going to Mass, praying a Rosary, praying the Scriptures)

Any recommended resources as well?

Dr. Taylor Marshall; Catholic Stuff You Should Know; "as much Scott Hahn as you can";  @timotheeology; "Catholic podcasts like @Pints_W_Aquinas, Catching Foxes, @TaylorRMarshall, @LiturgyGuys, @ThomisticInst"; "Catholic Answers Live is great resource to keep learning"; CatechismClass.com; "Relevant Radio, EWTN"; "Peter Kreeft, @TaylorRMarshall , @Church_Militant , @dlongenecker1 , @EWTN , @RaymondArroyo , @ActonInstitute"; "@patrickmadrid @PMadridShow, @Sensus_Fidelium, Fr. Chad Ripperger" 

-- those are just some of the 412 (four hundred and twelve) answers. "FishEaters" wasn't among them. As usual

Then I go read an article written by someone young enough to be my granddaughter and who just discovered Tradition. She was writing about the TLM, listing a bunch of things she hadn't known until she looked into it. As I'm reading, all I could think was "you would have known if someone had turned you on to FE years ago." It's frustrating to have alllllllll this information in the Being Catholic section -- information that absolutely baby-steps newbies through everything -- and knowing that word about it isn't getting out. I mean, I've heard many times (including just today, after my tweet) that FE has "converted" people to Tradition, taught them how to practice Catholicism in the traditional way, has "changed lives," etc. -- but if all that's true, why aren't people sending others here, spreading the word, responding with "try FishEaters!" to questions like the priest asked above, etc.? 

At the end of that article were comments -- laudatory ones, and deservedly so. Lots of them. More comments under that article than this entire forum -- where people can talk about pretty much anything -- gets in a week. 

Next time you're at a Catholic website, look at whom they link to and notice what you won't find there.

It just gets old.

What I'm talking about isn't envy on my part. I don't begrudge, at all, others' successes (on the contrary, I want MORE trads on the internet, and I want for them to be big and great). I liked the article I referenced, like the site that hosted it, like the priest who asked the question, liked the responses he got (the ones I know about -- well, most of them; Catholic Answers is good for Protestants, not Catholics), etc. Who doesn't love Dr. Taylor Marshall or Fr. Ripperger? But it sucks to always get left behind and left out, especially after you've just spent the last few months formatting the Baltimore Catechisms, Catena Aurea (!!!), St. Ephrem's works, and much more for pdfs, changed almost all the artwork at FE, went through hundreds of HTML files and re-set table widths so text looks megatons tidier, wrote content for a few new pages in the Being Catholic section (I don't think anyone even noticed any of that), and and and.

It's apparent I'm wasting my time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but whatever it is, I've been doing it for two decades now. And it's frustrating. I don't know what to do. It's all pathetic-sounding. But that's what's in my head.

P.S. Dr. Pecknold tweeted that I should make a GoFundMe page. It wouldn't work and would only make me feel worse. And money isn't the main issue. Money's important, and I could definitely use a lot more of it (and how -- little orphan kitties to feed and all that; the wormbags cost ~$50/month to keep fed!), but feeling as if I'm wasting my time is the major thing.

P.P.S. "Fame," too, has nothing to do with it. Few people know my name, and I like it that way.  I can't do interviews and don't want to, don't want to leave my house to go on fancy Catholic cruises, can't and don't want to do Youtube shows, etc. I just don't want to feel as if I'm wasting my time.

* In 2008, FE had more traffic than CatholicCulture.org did. Then Mirus put out his FE site review that was filled with lies. I use the word "lies" and not "inaccuracies" quite intentionally because I wrote to him about it more than once, the last time rebutting every assertion he made, and the review remained. Many others wrote to him as well, telling him his review was inaccurate and unjust. But he has a shiny site and makes a lot more than a couple quarters a day off of Google AdSense, so people took his word as as True and Good as what Moses heard from the burning bush: "WARNING!: FIDELITY!" or however Mirus put it right next to that red stop sign symbol he'd use to brand sites he didn't like (or was in competition with at the time?). That review was there for years and years, and I can't tell you the number of times I've seen something like this at places like Catholic Answers Forum: "Don't visit that site! Catholic Culture gives it a thumbs down!!!!!!!!!!!" or "Fisheaters? They're not faithful to Rome!" I think there was even a period of time when the mere mention of FishEaters at CAF would get a post banned and a thread closed. Mirus hurt FishEaters (and me personally) a lot. A whole lot. And he's never apologized. I should sue that guy.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
Sorry to hear that. I know it's not much but if it wasn't for this site I wouldn't be planning on going to my first TLM (and I got my wife on board as well). This site has helped me dive deeper in to my faith. I wouldn't have been enlightened to the Catechism of Trent and many other book sources (including the site itself) or the TLM (how reverent the TLM was) without it.

Also the community here is honest and has strong good view points on church teachings and has set me straight a couple times and I appreciate it. Whatever you decide to do I wish you the best and your site is top notch. When I get that chance I definitely bring up this site. It's tough to read your post especially during such a happy time as Easter Octave.

I know I haven't been here to awful long but it's been a great experience for the most part at FE. FE is the small shining light in all the darkness on the internet.

God Bless
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
Vox, if they're ignoring you or worse, writing calumny against you, it's probably because you're doing the right thing. Was it Mother Teresa who said God doesn't call us to be successful, He only calls us to be faithful? God will reward you. All for Jesus, my sister.  :heart: 

I hope it doesn't come to this but if you really can't do it anymore, pm me. Maybe we can run the site off my account. Give you a break. 

The Naming of Cats

by T. S. Eliot
The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn’t just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I’m as mad as a hatter 
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there’s the name that the family use daily, 
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo, or James, 
Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey —
All of them sensible everyday names.
There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames: 
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter —
But all of them sensible everyday names. 
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that’s particular,
A name that’s peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkstrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum —
Names that never belong to more than one cat.
But above and beyond there’s still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover —
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular Name.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 6 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Augustinian, In His Love, jovan66102, MagdalenaRita, MyLady, SeeTheLight
I haven't been here that long, but there's one thing that this site has which A LOT of other trad sites lack: charity and humility. Between all of the places I've been to talk with trads, they either lack love for their neighbor in their interactions or are some of the most disturbingly prideful people. Yet FE is a unicorn in the online Catholic world which plainly expresses the blunt truths of traditional Catholicism while still being warm and charitable to those who are new to this side of the Church.

I really appreciate this place.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • antiquarian, JacafamalaRedux, PilgrimMichelangelo, Roger Buck
You're right of course, especially about the cc's Mirus calumnies. This is likely a dumb idea on my part, but I first found you when I was a freeper, and some of the other (N.O.) Catholics there used both your site and John Salza's scripture Catholic site in refutation of protestant spew therein. Do you think similar use of your great stuff on the main site would help any? I know it's not a presence on youtube or podcasts. For what it's worth, your means of expressing Catholic truths helped me come back to the Faith, after the wasteland of my twenties and thirties. That and the very early output from Michael Voris.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 2 users Like dahveed's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, Roger Buck
I found my way here by just searching and trying all different sites till I found the right one. THIS ONE.
(and I am on the other side of the water!)

I could not have made it through the RCIA this past year without the truth and solid foundation of faith that is to be had on this site. It has been for me the goto site.

So Vox, please know that your site has saved this soul and who knows how many others that you do not know about. The one true God knows and your reward awaits. (But not yet awhile ?)
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
[-] The following 3 users Like MyLady's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, redneckpride4ever, Roger Buck