Vox's recent tweet.
Dearest Vox. Please don't give up. This site has changed my life. It got me through the worst breakup of my life and helped me find the wonderful husband I have today. If nothing else, that's worth it to me!
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 3 users Like SacraCor714's post:
  • dahveed, jovan66102, Roger Buck
So I was legitimately gone for all of Septuagesima through Lent. Didn't even lurk as a guest. Since I saw Vox post this tweet I've decided to lurk again and I must say this entire forum is like the movie Groundhog Day.

Just wanted to reiterate my opinion: Shut the forum down and revamp the site to be about the SITE not the forum.

This forum constantly and consistently gets derailed by conspiracy [theories], Orthodox who refuse to find a new forum, and all the different theories and frustrations surrounding the papacy. Not all of us simpletons deserve to have a forum to pontificate on our theological musings. Most of us would benefit far more from reading the real site and learning more about our Faith and her Traditions rather than arguing about the same old crap.

If you got rid of the forum, I think you stand a far greater shot at improving the perception of the site and maybe you could even get some high-profile talking heads of the TradCat world to contribute to the site (assuming that's something that even appeals to you).

I hope to disappear from this forum again soon, even from lurking. I would hate to come back 6 months from now seeing the exact same comments getting regurgitated on here. This site has played a large role in my catechesis, but it's also been a black hole of circular debate and unnecessary conspiratorial paranoia that's outside anyone here's control. I suspect I would have learned more faster if I had continued my trek through the site's articles rather than staring at the forum like one stares at a car crash.

Ave Christus Rex
Ave Christus Rex!
(05-21-2019, 07:00 PM)Some Guy Wrote: Shut the forum down and revamp the site to be about the SITE not the forum.

This forum is one of my few contacts with other Trads. If it goes away, where do you suggest I go? CAF?  :LOL:
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, Ioannes_L, josh987654321
(05-21-2019, 09:36 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 07:00 PM)Some Guy Wrote: Shut the forum down and revamp the site to be about the SITE not the forum.

This forum is one of my few contacts with other Trads. If it goes away, where do you suggest I go? CAF?  :LOL:

Lol CAF.

"You know guys, I don't think JPII was a very good Pope..."

You have been suspended until June 4th.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Ioannes_L, PilgrimMichelangelo
(05-22-2019, 09:03 AM)Augustinian Wrote: Lol CAF.

"You know guys, I don't think JPII was a very good Pope..."

You have been suspended until June 4th.

I like St Pope John Paul II and think he was instrumental in the fight against communism.

..... I'm permanently suspended, originally it was until something like 2122 and now there is no time on it lol.

God Bless
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • SeeTheLight
I did not see this thread when it started, because I have been far, far away from Fish Eaters till lately ...

Far away from the internet too, travelling in a van in France with no smartphone (which I would never own) or any other device connected to the Internet. Bliss to be away from constant electronic stimulation.

But I have started lurking again, but probably won't manage much more than lurking for a while.

But I'm glad you're feeling better Vox, as a result of kindness here and on Twitter and I want to chime in with something myself here:

Your voice, your spirit obviously dominates this place.

In a very good way, I believe.

I find that voice beautiful: gritty, real, authentic, full of intelligence, full of passion, full of HEART.

Alas, not everyone appreciates gritty, real, authentic, intelligent etc. Some people just want fake white "Wonder Bread".

Some people, too, are "cookie cutter" traditionalists, Catholics etc and if you say something from your passionate voice that does not quite line up with "cookie cutter" traditionalism, as I'm calling it, then you may get written off.

As I see it, it's a price you pay for being YOU instead of conforming to a white bread, wonder bread mold.

I am confident though that you are doing far, far greater good than you will ever realise this side of the grave. And your courage to be yourself is part of that.

Finally, I'm touched by you, Jaca, for starting this thread and the supportiveness that you and many others have shown here.
Click to see at Amazon
[Image: charles-coulombe-120h.png]

Hear the FIRST CHAPTER on my YouTube Channel:

See my Three Books here at Amazon: viewauthor.at/RogerBuck
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Buck's post:
  • VoxClamantis
Well, I got some good news.

Ever hear of Mother Miriam of the Lamb of God? She used to be Rosalind Moss on Catholic Answers.

She seems to becoming trad and specifically recommended fish eaters on her radio program.

That's what brought me here.
--BobCatholic 
[-] The following 4 users Like BobCatholic's post:
  • jovan66102, Roger Buck, Some Guy, VoxClamantis
(05-21-2019, 09:36 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

LOL well Im glad I am not the only one that does not care for CAF
Where are the files? I can not seem to find them at all..
(09-29-2020, 10:56 PM)Renee Thérèse13 Wrote: Where are the files? I can not seem to find them at all..

She meant the main site: https://www.fisheaters.com/

It's an absolute treasure trove of information about the Faith. Heck, it even has recipes for traditional dishes for feastdays, like Michaelmas goose.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe