Hi Everyone
Hi everyone. I'm a lapsed Orthodox. Lately I've been looking into Eastern Catholicism as a possibility (although I may very well return to the Orthodox Church depending on the conclusion of my inquiry). I've come across some things that seem like insurmountable difficulties and that's one of the reasons (the main reason) I joined the forum. So, I'll see you around the forum. I hope you can appreciate my candor, as I will appreciate yours.
[-] The following 4 users Like Athens's post:
  • Augustinian, In His Love, josh987654321, tucherb
Hi, welcome. I hope we can help you sort things out. There's some incredibly knowledgeable people here. You should check out the resources on the main fisheaters website, Vox has compiled and written some incredible stuff.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/

Malachi Martin was right.
(05-12-2019, 09:40 PM)Athens Wrote: Hi everyone. I'm a lapsed Orthodox. Lately I've been looking into Eastern Catholicism as a possibility (although I may very well return to the Orthodox Church depending on the conclusion of my inquiry). I've come across some things that seem like insurmountable difficulties and that's one of the reasons (the main reason) I joined the forum. So, I'll see you around the forum. I hope you can appreciate my candor, as I will appreciate yours.

Hello Athens .. Welcome to Fisheaters
The mighty oak is nothing but a nut that stood its ground.
Welcome, Athens! Hi!

Might I suggest a look at this page? https://www.fisheaters.com/easternfathers.html

God bless you!
Welcome. Smile

I'm no expert on the Orthodox Church, so you probably will not run into me much, but I do believe Orthodox is one of the closest to Catholicism and since the Church teaches they also have the Real Presence, I have the greatest respect for them second only to the Catholic Church.

My three objections would be that I've never really understood the objection to the Filioque clause, since proceeding from the Father and the Son makes total sense to me, I don't agree with divorce and remarriage at all (not 100% sure what the Orthodox thing is on that) and having married priests I don't agree with (even though there is a push for it and happening in some rare cases with Catholicism which I strongly disagree).

p.s. Your text is extremely small, very difficult to read for me and I suspect it's a phone thing, just FYI. Smile

God Bless You
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me that treat Me thus.” - St. Margaret Mary. Ignored by King of France Culminating in French Revolution.

"Charity concert at Cdl. Schonborn's Cathedral features shirtless actor dancing on Communion rail" - Dec 4, 2018