Pope Francis approves pilgrimages to Medjugorje
On Sunday Pope Francis approved pilgrimages to Medjugorje with the intention of "favoring the fruits of good" without the authentication of the apparitions themselves. I find this a particularly offensive move to Our Lady of Fatima, considering that her feast is today. I know opinions tend to vary wildly regarding Medjugorje, but I see this as underhanded approval of a clearly false and potentially demonic, almost daily series of apparitions. I find this surprising in light of Pope Francis' own criticisms of these apparitions, which have said things like 'God doesn't care which religion you follow.'

Article at Vatican News: https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/...gorje.html

ReturntoTradiition has a pretty good take on this as well.

And I understood that man can find no reason of all those works of God that are done under the sun: and the more he shall labour to seek, so much the less shall he find: yea, though the wise man shall say, that he knoweth it, he shall not be able to find it. -Ecclesiastes 8:17

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary
(05-13-2019, 08:02 AM)Augustinian Wrote: which have said things like 'God doesn't care which religion you follow.'

Surprising. My sister in law believes in Medjugorje, regarding this quote here, it's clearly heretical, but id like to see where it was taken from, where it was quoted. I'll ask my sister in law about it too and any other criticisms of Medjugorje.

Thanks you.

God Bless
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me that treat Me thus.” - St. Margaret Mary. Ignored by King of France Culminating in French Revolution.

"Charity concert at Cdl. Schonborn's Cathedral features shirtless actor dancing on Communion rail" - Dec 4, 2018

(05-13-2019, 08:22 AM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 08:02 AM)Augustinian Wrote: which have said things like 'God doesn't care which religion you follow.'

Surprising. My sister in law believes in Medjugorje, regarding this quote here, it's clearly heretical, but id like to see where it was taken from, where it was quoted. I'll ask my sister in law about it too and any other criticisms of Medjugorje.

Thanks you.

God Bless
This article does a decent job going over the questionable elements of Medjugorje: https://catholicexchange.com/can-you-trust-medjugorje

Fr. Ripperger spoke briefly of this apparition in an older conference, and he mentioned that how "chatty" Medjugorje tends to be tells him that it's a false apparition. In all apparitions of Our Lady approved by the Church, she delivers her message and then the apparition is over. She doesn't keep coming back each day saying things which are heterodox or coming to the defense of individuals involved with Medjugorje after scandal.
And I understood that man can find no reason of all those works of God that are done under the sun: and the more he shall labour to seek, so much the less shall he find: yea, though the wise man shall say, that he knoweth it, he shall not be able to find it. -Ecclesiastes 8:17

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary
(05-13-2019, 08:22 AM)josh987654321 Wrote:

Thanks you.

God Bless
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/cath...djugo.html
What's wild is the draw. About a million people a year visit. This announcement will no doubt increase pilgrimages.

Also just to clarify I think the apparitions are questionable as well.

https://www.sarajevotimes.com/how-many-t...last-year/

God Bless
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
I’m not surprised he did. The apparition seems to believe God wills all religions, and so does Pope Francis.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • Augustinian
(05-13-2019, 07:17 PM)Catherine Wrote: I’m not surprised he did. The apparition seems to believe God wills all religions, and so does Pope Francis.

A new Mary for a Church of the New Advent.

I was convinced from the beginning that it was fraud &/or satanic because it was enthusiastically supported by the Communist government of Yugoslavia, unlike Lourdes and Fatima where the leftwing governments opposed them. I was solidified in my opposition by two facts, the first being that the 'apparitions' just kept goin' and goin' like the Energizer Bunny. All the approved apparitions that I am aware of were temporally finite with Fatima, at eight months, being the longest I can remember.

The final nail in the coffin, as far as I was concerned, was when E. Michael Jones did a major expose on it, he received multiple death threats, etc., again unlike Fatima and Lourdes, where the supporters humbly accepted criticism whilst clinging to the truth of what they believed.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian
(05-13-2019, 07:42 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I was convinced from the beginning that it was fraud &/or satanic because it was enthusiastically supported by the Communist government of Yugoslavia, unlike Lourdes and Fatima where the leftwing governments opposed them. I was solidified in my opposition by two facts, the first being that the 'apparitions' just kept goin' and goin' like the Energizer Bunny. All the approved apparitions that I am aware of were temporally finite with Fatima, at eight months, being the longest I can remember.

The final nail in the coffin, as far as I was concerned, was when E. Michael Jones did a major expose on it, he received multiple death threats, etc., again unlike Fatima and Lourdes, where the supporters humbly accepted criticism whilst clinging to the truth of what they believed.

I remember a friend on Twitter a year ago introducing me to Medjugorje, and as soon as I read a few of the supposed messages revealed by the "seers" I dismissed it outright. It's not just that some of the messages promote heterodoxy and non-Catholic teachings, but that they're so banal and inconsequential as to question why Our Lady would continue to appear and say nothing of substance at all.

If anyone has the extra time for some reading, Michael Davies wrote a book about Medjugorje casting doubt on the supposed apparitions and claims of the "seers."

Found here: https://archive.org/details/MedjugorjeAf...haelDavies

[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • jovan66102