BREAKING: Alabama Governor signs law outlawing abortion
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaki...rtion-docs

If the Supreme Court upholds this, then Donald Trump is the best President of our lifetimes.
[-] The following 5 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Augustinian, dahveed, In His Love, josh987654321, Zedta
Dancing Jewish Man Dancing Jewish Man Dancing Jewish Manmore  will follow...one can only Pray
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • josh987654321, Steven
(05-16-2019, 11:27 AM)Zedta Wrote: Dancing Jewish Man Dancing Jewish Man Dancing Jewish Manmore  will follow...one can only Pray

More have followed. The Missouri Senate overnight passed a very strong anti-abortion bill, and the Governor has made known his intention to sign it if the House passes it.

In short, Alabama passed the strictest Pro-Life law, and then Missouri said, "Hold my beer."  Big Grin
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
[-] The following 2 users Like Steven's post:
  • josh987654321, Zedta
Anyone else have a strange feeling that we're going to hear a Catholic Bishop make a statement critical of Alabama's new law ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • josh987654321
Goodness I hope not!
My ipad keyboard hates me.  Please forgive the typos; they are unintentional.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fontevrault's post:
  • josh987654321
If this law gets the Supreme Court to overturn Roe, and then states can start passing actual abortion bans, then this is a good bill. And that's it's real purpose, since this law wouldn't actually stop any abortions even if a judge doesn't block it immediately. It defines "serious health risk" to the mother more narrowly than the Supreme Court has, but allows the child to be murdered if a second doctor approves. I suspect it's not hard for Planned Parenthood to hire a second doctor.

Maybe this is politically the best bill they could pass, and if I were an Alabama legislator, I would have voted for it, despite its flaws. But it makes no sense that if we believe the unborn child is fully human, and abortion is murder, and we punish people who hire hit men, that a woman who chooses to have an abortion should have no punishment whatsoever. Duress can be a defence to most crimes, but it's never one to intentional homicide. That doesn't mean the raped 11-year-old girl and the promiscuous 30-year-old woman who uses abortion as birth control deserve the same punishment. There's a reason most crimes have punishment ranges. But a mother (or, for that matter, a father) is supposed to protect and nurture her (or his) children, even, if necessary, at the expense of her life. But we've lost that sense of duty, and live in a society all about rights. If you attack the authority of the state by killing a police officer, you're eligible to be put to death. But a mother who intentionally murders her child, failing in her primary duty towards the most innocent members of society, shouldn't be punished? Of course, the whole sexual revolution and its emphasis on 'equality' is a Marxist attack on the family, anyway. Canon law recognises this, imposing excommunication for murder in two cases: attacking the Pope, and for abortion.

And let's not forget about souls. As the Council of Florence defined, "the souls of those who depart this life in actual mortal sin, or in original sin alone, go down straightaway to hell to be punished, but with unequal pains." Maybe we can't base secular laws in today's society on spiritual consequences, but this, more than anything else, is why abortion is so evil.
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • HailGilbert, jovan66102
I can't and won't dispute what you say (you have logic on your side), but punishing the woman in an abortion law does nothing to get the thing passed and keep it from being dismantled by lawsuits claiming it is anti-woman and discriminatory.  Let's start with making abortion illegal as it should be and then work through the rest.  

I think, but don't know for certain, that part of the logic behind avoiding punishment for women who get an abortion is based in the fact that many women are pressured into it.  Whether it is a father who disapproves and threatens to throw her out on the streets, an abusive boyfriend, or people telling her that she is "ruining her life" by having a baby, there is a tremendous amount of pressure on women to kill their children.  Even in the workplace, a baby becomes a liability under certain circumstances.  Joy, celebration, support seem to be foreign concepts in the culture of death.  I'll give an example from my own life.  3 years ago, my husband and I announced that I was pregnant with our 6th child.  My sister-in-law complained that my husband should get a vasectomy.  My mother-in-law agreed.  I almost threw them out of my house.  There was no real celebration at all.  It made me sad to see such hostility to a child before he was born.  Now, abortion obviously never crossed my mind, but imagine you are younger, more dependent on parents, and have little religious upbringing . . .  I could see the pressure in it.
My ipad keyboard hates me.  Please forgive the typos; they are unintentional.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fontevrault's post:
  • josh987654321
(05-16-2019, 01:39 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: I can't and won't dispute what you say (you have logic on your side), but punishing the woman in an abortion law does nothing to get the thing passed and keep it from being dismantled by lawsuits claiming it is anti-woman and discriminatory.  Let's start with making abortion illegal as it should be and then work through the rest. 

True enough, unfortunately, even if it treats women as children with no moral responsibility for their decisions. But, hey, who said feminism was consistent?

(05-16-2019, 01:39 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: I think, but don't know for certain, that part of the logic behind avoiding punishment for women who get an abortion is based in the fact that many women are pressured into it.  Whether it is a father who disapproves and threatens to throw her out on the streets, an abusive boyfriend, or people telling her that she is "ruining her life" by having a baby, there is a tremendous amount of pressure on women to kill their children.  Even in the workplace, a baby becomes a liability under certain circumstances.  Joy, celebration, support seem to be foreign concepts in the culture of death.  I'll give an example from my own life.  3 years ago, my husband and I announced that I was pregnant with our 6th child.  My sister-in-law complained that my husband should get a vasectomy.  My mother-in-law agreed.  I almost threw them out of my house.  There was no real celebration at all.  It made me sad to see such hostility to a child before he was born.  Now, abortion obviously never crossed my mind, but imagine you are younger, more dependent on parents, and have little religious upbringing . . .  I could see the pressure in it.

Change "abortion" to "stabs her two-year-old to death" and see if that's justified. But as I said, pressure doesn't justify intentional homicide. Someone who steals because someone else said he'd kill him if he didn't isn't guilty of a crime. Change it from theft to murder, and he is. Of course, all of that assumes abortion is illegal, and perhaps if it were, there wouldn't be the pressure. I don't think poor families are pressuring their loved ones to go rob banks because they need money. And if abortion is illegal, with the same penalties as aggravated murder, up to and including life without parole or death, there would be a lot less pressure. If the only way to pass an abortion ban is to punish the doctor, not the mother, so be it, but I think the response to that needs to be that you thought women were responsible for their actions. Apparently they're not, so maybe laws restricting what they can do, like we do for children, are needed. Because women are apparently incapable of resisting this pressure.

It's all part of the culture of victimhood, where being a victim in today's society is the highest virtue. Even more so if you're the 'victim' of a man, or especially a Christian man, and even more more so if he's not a good Christian because he got you pregnant outside marriage and wants you to abort the child. Now he's the perfect oppressor, since he's a hypocrite, too.

That said, given a society in which abortion is illegal, fathers who encourage it should be just as guilty as a father who tells his wife or girlfriend to murder a child who's already been born.

Maybe all that seems harsh. But realise what we're talking about - the intentional murder of a baby, the most innocent and defenceless among us, with the agreement of the one person who's supposed to do more than anyone else to protect him. And, with no chance for baptism, the child is not only killed but damned, deprived of the Beatific Vision forever even if he has natural happiness and doesn't know what he's missing. And the people who believe women shouldn't be prosecuted would be the first ones calling for all sorts of torture to someone who harms any sort of animal, especially if it's a dog.
[-] The following 4 users Like Paul's post:
  • HailGilbert, jovan66102, redneckpride4ever, Steven
(05-16-2019, 09:37 AM)Eric F Wrote: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaki...rtion-docs

If the Supreme Court upholds this, then Donald Trump is the best President of our lifetimes.

x2

It's such good news too that it wasn't even a close vote there, also glad they target the abortion provider and not the women. I just hope they are not pulling the trigger too soon with the Supreme Court, since I don't know what Kavanaugh will do, Gorsuch I think will be good though.

Roe v Wade is the greatest irony and injustice in the first place, since your bill of rights, the very first right is the right to life.

(05-16-2019, 12:02 PM)Eric F Wrote: Anyone else have a strange feeling that we're going to hear a Catholic Bishop make a statement critical of Alabama's new law ?

No doubt, I suspect this will be when Biden is the democratic nominee and it's up between Trump and Biden, then we will see who the heretics are in the Church who I think will be more obvious and brazen then in 2016.

God Bless You
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me that treat Me thus.” - St. Margaret Mary. Ignored by King of France Culminating in French Revolution.

"Charity concert at Cdl. Schonborn's Cathedral features shirtless actor dancing on Communion rail" - Dec 4, 2018

(05-16-2019, 01:04 PM)Paul Wrote: .

Go too far ahead and you'll get nothing IMO, this has been normalized and promoted, so first one needs to remove and target the abortion providers, most women today are victims to it rather then perpetrators of it.

God Bless You
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me that treat Me thus.” - St. Margaret Mary. Ignored by King of France Culminating in French Revolution.

"Charity concert at Cdl. Schonborn's Cathedral features shirtless actor dancing on Communion rail" - Dec 4, 2018