If Deliberately Missing Mass Is A Mortal Sin, Then What Is This ?
https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/germa...use-crisis

It appears these German Bishops are openly condoning the committing of mortal sin.
(05-16-2019, 09:07 PM)Eric F Wrote: https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/germa...use-crisis

It appears these German Bishops are openly condoning the committing of mortal sin.

Wouldn't be the first time or field of morals ...
They probably see it as a "valid reason" or something.
(05-16-2019, 09:07 PM)Eric F Wrote: https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/germa...use-crisis

You assume these bishops believe in mortal sin. It's not like these women did something horrible, you know, like saying they're proud of being German.
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • Eric F, jovan66102
It is sinful to miss Mass for that reason, but far more so for bishops to encourage it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Credidi Propter's post:
  • Eric F, HailGilbert
In other words, these heretics and false shepherds are encouraging mortal sin! 
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Eric F, HailGilbert
Isn't there an old expression along the lines of lower levels of Hell being paved with the skulls of bad bishops?
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
The premise doesn't even make sense.  You go to church to worship God primarily, and also for your own sake to receive the Eucharist and the graces from participation at the Mass.

How is skipping Mass hurting anyone except yourself?
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
(05-17-2019, 11:28 AM)Steven Wrote: The premise doesn't even make sense.  You go to church to worship God primarily, and also for your own sake to receive the Eucharist and the graces from participation at the Mass.

How is skipping Mass hurting anyone except yourself?

We have a duty to worship God, since He created us, and to do so in the manner He says, which He delegated to His Church. It's a violation of the third Commandment, to keep the Sabbath holy (even if the Church has transferred the requirement to Sunday), and is part of our Lord's first commandment, to love God with all our heart. It's also disobedient to the Church ("whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven") and is a sin against obedience, which is also why eating meat on Friday was (and, in some places, still is) a mortal sin. The sin isn't in eating the meat, but in disobeying the Church. With not going to Mass, it's both disobedience and putting yourself before God. And if the Church didn't command it, plenty of Catholics would never go to Mass, preferring to sleep in and do other things on Sunday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • HailGilbert
Another episode in the German church furthering itself yet again from the faith.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.