What's Your Dream Car ?
This was my first car.  This one is an SVT, mine was an SE.

It was an absolute sleeper car. Looked like a smaller version of your mom's Taurus (which it kinda was) but it had the Ford Duratec 2.5L V6 engine (my SE had 170hp, the SVT has 195-200hp.). Nothing better than stepping on the gas and being thrust back in your seat as the little V6 roared to life and watching the Tachometer and Speedometer needles jump!

That engine is a Porsche design that was eventually purchased by Ford. The SE had a tightened suspension for a "European-style feel" so it was in many ways like driving a European car with American parts. A Porsche engine made with Motorparts? So a repair doesn't cost an arm and a leg and I still get the effecient German engineering...sign me up!

I still miss that car to this day. My love really is that 2.5L Duratec engine...one of the best engines Ford *cough* Porsche *cough* made.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fbarnfinds.com%2Fwp-cont...f=1&nofb=1]
^I like that color. My first cool car was 65 sierra tan Malibu. It's funny, one day my friend showed up and said he was going to sell me the Malibu. He acted like he was doing me a favor and that it was time to step my cool up a notch or two. Well, whatever. It was ok, two door hardtop small block 4 barrel dual exhaust 4 on the floor with rally wheels and Uniroyal wide-oval tires, but I'm just not that cool I guess. I liked my next one better, way better: 67 black Ford Mustang 4 speed fastback. Now that was cool.

1965 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu SS
[Chevy's answer to Ford's Mustang!]

1967 Ford Mustang

Of course neither car was in this good of condition
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Blind Horus's post:
  • austenbosten, DNJC.org
Pre-Vatican II - opulence

1957 DeSoto Adventurer

10 years later - austerity

67 Dodge Coronet Commercial

The mood changed in 1964
East coast vs West coast Crown Victorias

5 Speed Swapped Crown Vic Review

Vortech Supercharged Crown Vic | 
450HP Six Speed Manual Cop Car

The high-buck cool or the low-buck heart?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • austenbosten
If the RWD wasn't an issue where I live, I would get my hands on a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis....those are awesome "grandpa" cars and they are solid...they will go a loooong time before breakdown. Can't say the same for those two with their tranny swaps.
Might sound strange, but if I were allowed one hour behind the wheel of any automobile ever made, it wouldn't be a Lamborghini Hurucan or an Aston Martin Valkyrie. For historic reasons alone, I'd want to drive an original Model T Ford.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • austenbosten, DNJC.org
(03-08-2021, 08:49 PM)Eric F Wrote: Might sound strange, but if I were allowed one hour behind the wheel of any automobile ever made, it wouldn't be a Lamborghini Hurucan or an Aston Martin Valkyrie. For historic reasons alone, I'd want to drive an original Model T Ford.
I second that and as for Ford's. I want to drive a Model A, and one of the original 1933 V8 flathead convertibles.
(03-08-2021, 08:49 PM)Eric F Wrote: Might sound strange, but if I were allowed one hour behind the wheel of any automobile ever made, it wouldn't be a Lamborghini Hurucan or an Aston Martin Valkyrie. For historic reasons alone, I'd want to drive an original Model T Ford.

Following the traffic laws (which we ought) really limits how much fun one can have in a supercar when not at the track.
Austenbosten, my Dad's first ever car was a Model A, and he said it was the best he ever owned, durable, highly reliable, and easy to work on. Chairman Joe, I couldn't drive one of the millionaire's sports cars, because I'd either get killed or lose my drivers licence.  I couldn't get into much trouble with the Ford Model T with it's top speed of 44 mph. Reports I've read say it's a remarkably smooth ride and steers very well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-09-2021, 06:47 PM)Eric F Wrote: Austenbosten, my Dad's first ever car was a Model A, and he said it was the best he ever owned, durable, highly reliable, and easy to work on. Chairman Joe, I couldn't drive one of the millionaire's sports cars, because I'd either get killed or lose my drivers licence.  I couldn't get into much trouble with the Ford Model T with it's top speed of 44 mph. Reports I've read say it's a remarkably smooth ride and steers very well.

What of the myriad of Model A's was it do you remember?